Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When I first heard the email story last week, my thought was, "Who else was on that email chain"?

And frankly, at this point it's not a question of if but rather who else is part of this. Saw that the NFLPA wants all the emails released; the NFL so far is pushing back. But given that the NFL (who else?) leaked the Gruden news, they had to know that pandora's box was opened. Gruden is not an isolated case where he was spewing rhetoric for years.

This has the potential to grow into one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL, and if the league thought they could control this narrative and limit it to just Gruden, they are mistaken.

I believe 650k emails were part of the deposition and the communication between Allen and Gruden was the only issue, not buying it either.  The cheerleader accusations have been around for years.  We're supposed to believe all those accusations were false.  Not a chance.

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When I first heard the email story last week, my thought was, "Who else was on that email chain"?

And frankly, at this point it's not a question of if but rather who else is part of this. Saw that the NFLPA wants all the emails released; the NFL so far is pushing back. But given that the NFL (who else?) leaked the Gruden news, they had to know that pandora's box was opened. Gruden is not an isolated case where he was spewing rhetoric for years.

This has the potential to grow into one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL, and if the league thought they could control this narrative and limit it to just Gruden, they are mistaken.

The NFL should release everything if they're gonna release anything.  Don't try to protect guys Goodell likes and single out the ones he doesn't.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Antonio Brown is on the team though. 

Didn't Carlton Davis spew some wacked out anti-asian BS earlier this year too?

It's funny watching these NFL clubs posture themselves as righteous when there's a dopey & valueless guy like Gruden, but boy oh boy do they not want a true purity/morality test run on their rosters.

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Antonio Brown is on the team though. 

Someone said this elsewhere:

Antonio Brown had a very credible accusation of rape, and even mocked her through text messages to intimidate her. Called his GM a cracker. Was accused of sexual assault from other people as well. And yet Tom Brady vouched for him and wanted him on the team. He was on stage during the SuperBowl.

It’s funny that in this day and age, words are irredeemable (unless you’re Desean Jackson). But rape, assault, and murder (Ray Lewis?) somehow are. Maybe we should just admit people only care about morals in sports if they think losing that person wouldn’t impact the team.

I think it's true sadly. Winning sports games...or being entertaining to people in a way that benefits them (people feel better about their own lives when a sports team they're invested in brings them joy i.e. "wins") has a way of brushing a lot of crap under the rug before accountability comes into the equation. I think Kobe Bryant God rest his soul is the biggest example of that. People even get defensive if you even question a lot of their prized angels that they themselves have decided to place on a pedestal essentially creating an unrealistic fantasy world with their deity on the throne. When you mess with that fantasy world, people may respond in kind with venom. They don't want anyone bringing down the walls of their fairy tale, and are apt to fight tooth and nail to maintain it's integrity. Would be cool if more people had the cognizant ability to step back at a certain point and say:

Hsmtmts Did I Just Join A Cult GIF - Hsmtmts Did I Just Join A Cult Cult -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The NFL should release everything if they're gonna release anything.  Don't try to protect guys Goodell likes and single out the ones he doesn't.

They should, but they are not going to.

The goal is to limit any exposure by the owners. Throwing a coach under the bus is nothing. Protecting the actual powers that be is everything.

• Like 1