Rebuild or No Rebuild?

BayRaider

Rebuild or No Rebuild?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rebuild or No Rebuild?

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

When I think rebuild, it starts at QB. You're not winning anything with Carr, easy to see that and time to move on.

Keep the pieces you like. Cut loose the dead weight and busted draft picks. No 5th year options for any of the recent first round picks.

Team has all it's draft picks to build on. Get something for Carr and move forward. 

I believe it comes down to the coach.  If the coach believes he can work with Carr then we keep him.  If not then we move on.  Just like when Gruden came to town.  We rebuilt the entire team except for Carr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

Or do it like the chiefs. Keep Carr and only draft a qb when you truly think its a good prospect. Give the kid time as a backup & trade Carr after a year when youve seen enough in practices to give the keys to the kid.

Right that's my thing. I have no problem with getting someone better. But they have to actually be a better talent. It can't be that we get someone just because of the pageantry of the draft because the TV says so. Carr is a very good quarterback not every team has one of those

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

Or do it like the chiefs. Keep Carr and only draft a qb when you truly think its a good prospect. Give the kid time as a backup & trade Carr after a year when youve seen enough in practices to give the keys to the kid.

I personally think this is the way to go. But it’s pretty difficult to do in this day and age with fans and the media pounding the table for rookies to start. The chiefs got away with it because Mahomes was raw and Smith was above average. I can see doing the same with Carr as he has one year left on his contract but if the Raiders take a QB high there’s going to be a lot of pressure to supplant him early next year. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm all for it and agree @MrOaktown_56 in I want a dynamic offensive coach. You have to have someone who can go toe to tow with KC and LA now. 

What about Shanahan if the 49ers brass lets him go? 

100%. He can make Carr look like stafford in LA, or draft a young QB and mold them. Plus we have a ton of weapons already.

Burn it all down. A third of the roster is complied with bums a third of it is with guys on short contracts and a third of it is with actual football players. 

Either A: Have Mayock search for a HC to be the next McVay and take the roster down to studs. 

Or B: Just hire a Coach to take the roster down to studs. 

The barnwell article is beyond a joke. Despite our asset mismanagement, we have a very respectable defense (and an underrated young secondary) and are 2 offensive lineman from being a playoff team IMO. We are loaded with ascending skill position players. With a nice draft/FA next year, we are right there IMO.

I think we need a playmaking coverage LB (if Morrow/White can't step up) to go with Perryman, a DT, and another corner. On offense, we probably want 1 tackle, 1 guard, and a new center. A few nice trades/signings and this team is looking fairly complete in a year.  A new staff can do this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The barnwell article is beyond a joke. Despite our asset mismanagement, we have a very respectable defense (and an underrated young secondary) and are 2 offensive lineman from being a playoff team IMO. We are loaded with ascending skill position players. With a nice draft/FA next year, we are right there IMO.

I think we need a playmaking coverage LB (if Morrow/White can't step up) to go with Perryman, a DT, and another corner. On offense, we probably want 1 tackle, 1 guard, and a new center. A few nice trades/signings and this team is looking fairly complete in a year.  A new staff can do this.

HawkeyeReport - Tyler Linderbaum returning to Iowa in 2021

Tyler Linderbaum #65

Center

University of Iowa

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Homerism at it's best. LOL. I'm sure he's better than what the Raiders have now though. I already know how you feel about him Cough. 

Lol at least you stick to your guns and don’t flip flop I admire that. Too early I’ve only watched 2 games he’s just too inconsistent to get a first round grade from me but it’s early 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I respect your optimism, but this rosters talent is bottom of the AFC West. They are not close to the same level as KC or LA. 

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I respect your optimism, but this rosters talent is bottom of the AFC West. They are not close to the same level as KC or LA. 

Nor Denver. I’ve been saying Denvers team on paper is pretty stacked outside of QB and OL. Their weapon core and RB core are top notch IMO. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon? Honestly with a top tier QB, that instantly becomes a Top 5 unit in the league in my opinion. 

Their defense is also extremely good on paper and likely will be a Top 10 Defense this season. Something Denver does regularly anyways.