Rebuild or No Rebuild?

BayRaider

Rebuild or No Rebuild?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rebuild or No Rebuild?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I respect your optimism, but this rosters talent is bottom of the AFC West. They are not close to the same level as KC or LA. 

KC has big problems that are masked by Mahomes/Kelce/Hill. The Chargers have a great roster, but they're at the top of the league in that regard. That doesn't mean our roster isn't fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Nor Denver. I’ve been saying Denvers team on paper is pretty stacked outside of QB and OL. Their weapon core and RB core are top notch IMO. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon? Honestly with a top tier QB, that instantly becomes a Top 5 unit in the league in my opinion. 

Their defense is also extremely good on paper and likely will be a Top 10 Defense this season. Something Denver does regularly anyways. 

I like Denver's roster too. But we are definitely more than the sum of our parts on paper. An impact player on the OL (center LOL) and at DT would vastly improve both sides of hte ball.

we invested too much just to give up. I'm not trying to suck for the next 4-5 years. I keep DC, and Mayock believe it or not. I really think he knows the game. I'm pretty sure Gruden was behind the 1st round picks, which is why we have horrible value and flops. Our mid round/late round have been up there with the best in the league. Bradley is a good DC too. This is a must in my opinion 

• Make sure you nail this Head Coach hire- we need to get a young offensive mastermind. Someone who can command a team, and no iffy character issues. Need a play caller on that side and a leader of men. Someone young would be nice 
  • OL is terrible. everyone job is on the line for the rest of the season besides Kolton Miller. 
  • Improve the DT unit. Still a liability, MM nailed it with the edge improvements 
  • If we keep Bradley we could get another stud LB. KJ prolly a stopgap, and this defense is all about range and speed 

thats a start. Implement systems where players can shine, not the opposite. Bradley could go too if the coach wants his guy, but make sure it's not a downgrade. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Nor Denver. I’ve been saying Denvers team on paper is pretty stacked outside of QB and OL. Their weapon core and RB core are top notch IMO. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon? Honestly with a top tier QB, that instantly becomes a Top 5 unit in the league in my opinion. 

Their defense is also extremely good on paper and likely will be a Top 10 Defense this season. Something Denver does regularly anyways. 

Denver's OL is absolutely buns. Jeudy/Hamler are both hurt and their defense is extremely overrated. They got cooked the last two weeks.

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

KC has big problems that are masked by Mahomes/Kelce/Hill. The Chargers have a great roster, but they're at the top of the league in that regard. That doesn't mean our roster isn't fine.

Mahomes is a top 3 QB. As long as he is there, he will be a problem. Andy is also a top 5 coach in the game. And that trio with Hill/Kelce are going to be there awhile. 

Raiders roster is okay. They are pretty average across most units. Team lacks any real star talent. I don't look at the roster and see any budding all-pros the way I do Denver and LA.

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayock is right, he is here to service the coaching staff. If gruden wanted players, drafting them is "servicing" the coaching staff. After a round or so, it matters less. No way he thought arnette or ferrell were the best on the board. Absolutely no way.

Letting him have another crack at the 2022 class is risky. For me it's simple.... if you let Mayock go, does he get another GM job in the NFL? Highly unlikely. Why should the Raiders be content with a guy nobody else would want? I'd rather hire someone who is well regarded and sought after around league circles. 

Keeping Mayock would reek of the status quo for me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

keep dreaming... DC won't let this team tank. we are going to be 8-8  to 10-6 if we over achieve. 

The mere fact that you have to over achieve to get 10 wins with Derek Carr is exactly why I want a better QB. I want a guy who's standards are much higher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The mere fact that you have to over achieve to get 10 wins with Derek Carr is exactly why I want a better QB. I want a guy who's standards are much higher. 

Overachieve?  The only reason 10 wins is an overachievement is because we lack talent on our roster unless you're implying that we have a playoff caliber roster and Carr is holding us back.  Is that what you're saying and explain to me where this talent is on our roster is because I see nothing of the sort.  Five 1st round picks in two years, zero elite talent and two of the five are flat out worthless bums (Ferrell and Arnette). 

If that is your opinion what is your suggestion?  Move on from Carr this offseason for picks and draft a QB? 

If that is your stance and we draft a QB who is a downgrade or a flat out bum like Tua, Haskins, Rosen etc. our new HC and GM will be fired in short order.  If this is what you're implying we do you really need your head examined because this may the most foolish take I have heard in quite some time.  

Just going over the contracts for next year and we are pretty much locked into Littleton, Kwiatkowski, Ferrell, Nassib, and Drake.  The 5 players are going to cost over $51 million and we save $10.5 million if we cut them.  To put that into perspective the average salary for the highest paid Gaurd, Center, and RT combined would cost $51 million.  4 of those are Guenther FAs so hopefully Bradley will be better at bringing in talent.  We do not need to spend that much on the o-line but we could put together a solid o-line if we get better at the contracts we give FAs and definitely get better at drafting in the early rounds.  I do not know who will be the coach next year but it does not look like it should be a difficult fix.  The issues are obvious and the worst mistakes correct themselves after 2022.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If that is your opinion what is your suggestion?  Move on from Carr this offseason for picks and draft a QB? 

Trade for Russell Wilson. He wants out, Seattle feels like it's time for a rebuild. I'm tired of living in the middle with Carr. Trade him for some draft capital. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If that is your stance and we draft a QB who is a downgrade or a flat out bum like Tua, Haskins, Rosen etc. our new HC and GM will be fired in short order.

And what is your stance? Stay in the middle with Carr because drafting a new QB is scary?

And what if you GM drafts the next Mahomes, Murray, Allen, etc. and the team has a franchise QB? This works both ways. 

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Trade for Russell Wilson. He wants out, Seattle feels like it's time for a rebuild. I'm tired of living in the middle with Carr. Trade him for some draft capital. 

And what is your stance? Stay in the middle with Carr because drafting a new QB is scary?

And what if you GM drafts the next Mahomes, Murray, Allen, etc. and the team has a franchise QB? This works both ways. 

Carr is not the problem with this team/franchise... Wake up! 

We have no talent on our roster, we have a had an incompetent GM/HC combo that had 5 1st rounds picks in 2 years with zero elite talent yielded.  CF a top 4 pick barley sees the field as a backup, that is a catastrophic failure and people like you want to blame Carr?  It's flat out delusional.  Your anger and frustration is completely misguided.

Look at all of the 1st round QB's drafted from 2010 until now....  If a GM drafts a bum like Tua, Haskins Rosen etc. or a downgrade from Carr (95+ percent chance this is what will occur) the GM and HC will be fired.  You can comprehend this correct?  It's really not a hard concept to grasp....