Rebuild or No Rebuild?

BayRaider

Rebuild or No Rebuild?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rebuild or No Rebuild?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Trade for Russell Wilson. He wants out, Seattle feels like it's time for a rebuild. I'm tired of living in the middle with Carr. Trade him for some draft capital. 

Part of his beef has been Seattle's O-line...

You think he'd want to play here, much less be a guaranteed improvement? 

Please, do elaborate. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Naw, if you think Carr is the problem with this dumpster fire of a franchise you're clearly asleep at the wheel. 

I’m loving this cause bp was the first carr supporter iirc and you are holding down bps old position. but you have to really put emotions away and read what bp is saying. Bp does have a point. I still view this as a make or break year for carr etc etc. after all this drama if carr balls out he’s a keeper if not deuces 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m loving this cause bp was the first carr supporter iirc and you are holding down bps old position. but you have to really put emotions away and read what bp is saying. Bp does have a point. I still view this as a make or break year for carr etc etc. after all this drama if carr balls out he’s a keeper if not deuces 

It’s been a make or break year for Carr the last 3-4 years

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

It’s been a make or break year for Carr the last 3-4 years

He has shown improvement over that time.  You can argue it has not been enough but anyone that wants to bring up reasons why he has struggled will have a leg to stand on this year.  I can disagree with them but if the team collapses there are valid reasons why that is possible that are not his fault.  I will say that if he is a true leader these are the times he needs to take control in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Once again you lack logic.  "Duces" is your stance?  That is a low brow take on a very complex situation. 

Define what you mean by make or break season for Carr and what is your criteria?  Is it W/L or is it statical?   

Also it is completely idiotic to think Carr is the issue with this dumpster fire of an organization and the word idiotic is kind if that is your stance.  Furthermore, if you suggesting that we move on from Carr then what is your recommendation on how we upgrade the QB position?

If it's via the draft and your the new HC/GM you better damn well be 100 percent confidant that you have an upgrade.  If that HC/GM combo deals Carr and drafts a bust they will be deemed incompetent and fired in short order.  

I have no problem keeping Carr and drafting a replacement at some point.  The smart thing to do is to keep him, draft a replacement and when HC/GM is 100 percent certain the young QB is an upgrade then you move on.  That is the logical way to handle this situation. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again you lack logic.  "Duces" is your stance?  That is a low brow take on a very complex situation. 

Define what you mean by make or break season for Carr and what is your criteria?  Is it W/L or is it statical?   

Also it is completely idiotic to think Carr is the issue with this dumpster fire of an organization and the word idiotic is kind if that is your stance.  Furthermore, if you suggesting that we move on from Carr then what is your recommendation on how we upgrade the QB position?

If it's via the draft and your the new HC/GM you better damn well be 100 percent confidant that you have an upgrade.  If that HC/GM combo deals Carr and drafts a bust they will be deemed incompetent and fired in short order.  

I have no problem keeping Carr and drafting a replacement at some point.  The smart thing to do is to keep him, draft a replacement and when HC/GM is 100 percent certain the young QB is an upgrade then you move on.  That is the logical way to handle this situation. 

We’ve been talking about this for years now and it’s the same thing.

How does respond to adversity?

Last year he responded by tanking the 2nd half of the season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

umm the coach was just fired in the season, and the OLINE sucks

There will always be adversity in the nfl and esp with this team. as you can see lol. it will be a while before we’re perfect enough for y’all to not have any excuse to save him

I like Carr a lot but to be honest his time with the Raiders is at its end. He’s going to go through a 3RD rebuild, that’s too many for one guy. He really just needs to go to a team that needs a QB (lol if it’s Denver) let him finish his years playing for a team that’s in a better position to win a super bowl. 

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I like Carr a lot but to be honest his time with the Raiders is at its end. He’s going to go through a 3RD rebuild, that’s too many for one guy. He really just needs to go to a team that needs a QB (lol if it’s Denver) let him finish his years playing for a team that’s in a better position to win a super bowl. 

DC is barely 30  and plays QB. he is going to be starting for the rest of this decade at the very least. we need to ink him up 

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think we need to just hit a homer with this next coach, and invest in Carr insurance lol

• Like 1

Carr will retire before being traded. So when rebuilding factor that in. We are going to trade picks to fix the Oline now and go all in with our chips. It's VEGAS BABY!!!This team will win a playoff game this season. We probably keep everyone in place but maybe upgrade OC. Carr doesn't have a leader above him now so he will become the leader we always wanted and we all will be laffing at the rebuild talk. Rich B. will be HC in 2022 and Mayock the GM. If we don't improve then it all comes down. 

• Like 1