It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

18 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. So much for being humble, right there is why I loathe the packers and their fans. I can’t wait until they no longer have a hall of fame quarterback and shut the eff up. I think we all saw what a “great” organization they are after Barr ended Rodgers season and they had a mere mortal at QB. Act like you’ve been there before and have some class

I guess I'm in the minority, but I have zero issues with him talking trash. He HAS owned the Bears, he knew our offense wouldn't threaten his lead, and he chalked another win even when his responsibility was to just be efficient. To be fair I had no issues with Newton's Superman celebration (and I've disliked him since he got booted from Florida) and Mahomes saying he had a chip on his shoulder for the Bears picking Tru.

If you don't want to see the Superman celebration, then don't let him get the TD. If you want to stop Mahomes from talking smack, don't overlook him for an extremely raw prospect or beat him when you play. If the Bears want to shut Rodgers up they have to quit being his doormat, though it is more frequently the offense's ineptitude that causes the losses more than the defense. We could have drafted him while Grossman was looking bad (and oft-injured) but we drafted Benson. Look at the 85 Bears, were they quiet? Hell no, they even filmed the Superbowl Shuffle before even winning the game. That's WAY more disrespectful, but they backed it up like Rodgers has.

Either they get good enough to beat him, endure until he retires/leaves GB, or Halas Hall should be sending him a card on Father's Day until he leaves. I hope Fields gets to have the same success vs them and can both talk and back up the same comments.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am talking about the idea of offensive identity...not execution...

I would massively disagree that we almost came back and won the game..the Packers were in control of that game as soon as they went 10-7 up...they still had gears left to go up if needs be.

Totally agree. The game wasn't even as close as the score indicated. A great effort for the defense, but the offense was dead in the water outside of one drive and Herbert having a good game (until they keyed on him) the offense was crap.

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I have zero issues with him talking trash. He HAS owned the Bears, he knew our offense wouldn't threaten his lead, and he chalked another win even when his responsibility was to just be efficient. To be fair I had no issues with Newton's Superman celebration (and I've disliked him since he got booted from Florida) and Mahomes saying he had a chip on his shoulder for the Bears picking Tru.

If you don't want to see the Superman celebration, then don't let him get the TD. If you want to stop Mahomes from talking smack, don't overlook him for an extremely raw prospect or beat him when you play. If the Bears want to shut Rodgers up they have to quit being his doormat, though it is more frequently the offense's ineptitude that causes the losses more than the defense. We could have drafted him while Grossman was looking bad (and oft-injured) but we drafted Benson. Look at the 85 Bears, were they quiet? Hell no, they even filmed the Superbowl Shuffle before even winning the game. That's WAY more disrespectful, but they backed it up like Rodgers has.

Either they get good enough to beat him, endure until he retires/leaves GB, or Halas Hall should be sending him a card on Father's Day until he leaves. I hope Fields gets to have the same success vs them and can both talk and back up the same comments.

I understand what your saying but my point is this. If you’re 21-5 against the Bears do you really need to say that? I just think he’s such an unlikeable delta bravo 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I understand what your saying but my point is this. If you’re 21-5 against the Bears do you really need to say that? I just think he’s such an unlikeable delta bravo 

If the roles were reversed I would want fields to do this during every game @GB.

• Like 2

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

If the roles were reversed I would want fields to do this during every game @GB.

Me too believe me. But I have to think that most of our angst stems from the complete dominance both of our fan bases have had to deal with for 30 years. We’ll have our day Bears friends. Just hope I’m still alive to see it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I think the fact he is 21-5 against us is why he is is so unlikeable here. Lol

No I get it. He has IMO a lot of the Cutler and Belichick personality traits to him. Both are easy to hate, none are really the super personable people. But in the end winning trumps all in this league. I'd rather have a d-bag for a QB that gave us a career like Brady, Rodgers, or Brees than the good guy who wasn't a good QB (like Tru, Tebow, and Kellen Moore). 

That being said i put little stock into a celebrity or athlete's views or opinions. Ill always be able to get behind someone like Tillman and all his charity work off the field, but I'd never seek out his input on anything non-football related unless he had something besides his football career to back him as an expert. Outside of Sundays they have little to nothing to offer me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

A lot to unpack from that. 

"Crashing down around us"? I mean...that's pure overreaction, wouldn't you say, in retrospect? There were like five dropped passes of catchable balls. That's personnel (or poor scheming), not overall offensive design. 

The referees didn't give the Bears a time out, when Fields clearly signaled for one. Is that Lazor's fault, somehow? 

The Bears almost came back and won the game. Would you disagree with that assessment? I mean...there was life there. They clearly had a chance. 

But...Nagy needs to go, without a doubt. And that, sadly, means that Lazor and DeFilipo go too. 

It is what it is. 

I don't think too many people will be sad to see these guys all go with Nagy. It's not like either of them are known to be offensive/QB gurus.

We need a fresh start with someone with a good track record of developing talent. Daboll fits that bill and according to Benjamin Albright, Bears are the early favorites to land him.

• Like 1

God, I HATE losing to the packers.   Our offense looked sharp at times and lost at others.  Same with our D.  The reffing was iffy as well.  The non offsides call that lead to an INT which in turn led to a GB TD.  Also when Fields called timeout when we were penalized for delay of game.  I understand that refs will miss calls and make bad calls, but those were obvious.  I'm sure Fields will be good.  He's looked great her and there, but not for a full game(yet)  Herbert was awesome today, hopefully he can build on his big day.  Next week TB12 in Tampa,  maybe we can get him on 4th down again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think too many people will be sad to see these guys all go with Nagy. It's not like either of them are known to be offensive/QB gurus.

We need a fresh start with someone with a good track record of developing talent. Daboll fits that bill and according to Benjamin Albright, Bears are the early favorites to land him.

Daboll would be awesome but I just think another franchise would offer him more control...as much as I think Nagy is gone after this year the McCaskey's apparent love for Pace means he might not follow...I think someone else will give Daboll his choice of GM.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Daboll would be awesome but I just think another franchise would offer him more control...as much as I think Nagy is gone after this year the McCaskey's apparent love for Pace means he might not follow...I think someone else will give Daboll his choice of GM.

If Pace doesn't go then the Bears are going to continue the mediocrity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

You're right that he has every right to talk trash but to say he enjoys this rivalry is kind of insulting lol. It hasn't been much of a rivalry at all since Lovie, Urlacher and the boys left. It's just been a straight up *** whooping

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Sure maybe you're right but presumably Daboll is going to want to go to a franchise with a young & talented QB. I don't see many other teams out there that will compete against Bears for that unless the Jags also fire Urban Meyer.

This upcoming draft doesn't look too strong for QBs. I wouldn't rank any of them even close to Fields.

Also for as much as we rag on the McCaskey ownership group, one thing is certain, they usually give their head coaches more than a fair shot before moving on from them

That stability goes a long way for prospective head coaches.

As for Pace I'm indifferent on whether he stays or goes. He's done some nice things as Bears GM but he's also had his fair alottment of time to do better than what he has and GMs don't usually get three cracks at hiring a HC.

If getting someone like Daboll means Pace has to go then so be it. Then hopefully they can get someone from the Bills FO to join him