It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/im-not-a-part-of-this-woke-cancel-culture-aaron-rodgers-speaks-after-legendary-trash-talk-moment?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR2TFYQl_UYAEhwh8onqRHLhcG5jaf_hAb42yp7WTlO-vc5flRGRUD_P_Gw

“There’s a PC woke culture that exists,” Rodgers told Pat McAfee. “And there’s a Cancel Culture at the same time, and it’s based on people’s own feelings of maybe personal [misery] or distaste for their own situations or life or just the enjoyment of holding other people down underneath their thumb.”

“I’m not a part of this woke, Cancel Culture that tries to silence people all the time.”

I think the NFL, the union and the NFL media don't agree. 

Like Trotsky said, You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.

I'm actually with Rodgers on this. He's got a part in the whole NFL politics whether he wants to or not, but I'm happy to see people be up front and unabashed rather than the lie-to-your-face but still PC nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm actually with Rodgers on this. He's got a part in the whole NFL politics whether he wants to or not, but I'm happy to see people be up front and unabashed rather than the lie-to-your-face but still PC nonsense. 

I'm not impressed.   Let him publicly say something actually UnPC.  Something the media and left disagrees with.  Not stupid trash talk against Bears.  

See what happens.

His man bun and zen meditation won't protect him from the woke mob.  Rodgers can be cancelled.    It's a brave new world we are living in. 

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I'm not impressed.   Let him publicly say something actually UnPC.  Something the media and left disagrees with.  Not stupid trash talk against Bears.  

See what happens.

His man bun and zen meditation won't protect him from the woke mob.  Rodgers can be cancelled.    It's a brave new world we are living in. 

🙄

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

See what happens.

Meh. As long as he is playing at a high level, unless he does something that puts him in jail or clearly racist like Gruden then he is safe. NFL cares too much about money and he generates enough plays that they aren't doing anything to him. Gruden didn't generate enough revenue to have a snowball's chance. If Kaep didn't suck he'd be in the NFL, but you have to have talent that warrants the headache. NFL has too many people with drug issues, violent charges, etc that most mean comments would do anything. If Riley Cooper can come back being a mediocre possession receiver than an MVP will get away with WAY worse.

The franchise can always use their PR crew and platforms to separate themselves from the player's "hurtful and insensitive comments" whenever something comes up.

Re-watched this game repeatedly, focusing on the offense.

I thought Fields had a solid ******* game. The "free play that wasn't", if our RT held his block for another 1.5 seconds, Fields could have stayed in the pocket and ripped a TD to Allen Robinson on a wide open post. The WRs also had pretty terrible drops which didn't help us to move the chains.

He's still a little slow/methodical on some of this throws, which in the NFL is the difference between a big play and a sack fumble, but I will add that his footwork and drops look much, much cleaner than his first start. Hope the kid keeps trending up and will be playing his best football after the bye.

• Like 2