What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. It is a tough topic to watch and I'm glad they've kind of promoted getting/seeking help if needed (something they didn't do season 1). I haven't watched an episode since I started and I'll be gone for the holiday weekend. I'll pop back in this thread and make sure I give my thoughts.

I know they did an episode or show after season 1 to promote getting help and seeking help. I think season 1 made such a huge impact, that they used season 2 to truly promote getting help and seeking help. I think they did that because season 2 touched on so many topics that need to be promoted. they talked a lot more about these topics in season 2 than season 1 IMO

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I keep hearing the 100 is an awesome show anyone have any thoughts.

It's a good show but you need to be prepared for teen drama, typical CW stuff and some questionable logic. But it truly is a very good sci-fi show that explores a fascinating world.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watched some Face Off yesterday. I think they are doing one last season and are then going to be done for good. That show has had a good run and has always been a lot of fun to see the characters and make-up that they come up with.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Watched some Face Off yesterday. I think they are doing one last season and are then going to be done for good. That show has had a good run and has always been a lot of fun to see the characters and make-up that they come up with.

Yeah it's kinda that funny 90s technology that makes no sense and doesn't look legit but I felt john travolta and nick cage did a pretty good job of pretending to be each other for it lol. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Yeah it's kinda that funny 90s technology that makes no sense and doesn't look legit but I felt john travolta and nick cage did a pretty good job of pretending to be each other for it lol. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised 

151023_2925376_Movie_Magic___Part_2_Morp

Face Off not Face/Off

15 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

151023_2925376_Movie_Magic___Part_2_Morp

Face Off not Face/Off

Now I don't remember that part of the movie might've been a deleted scene which I obviously couldn't see since I watched it on Netflix. It's kinda bizarre that he even wanted to swap faces and let his wife get banged by a criminal I probably would've just said damn, bye LA. It was nice to know you. But I guess it all kinda worked out in the end cause LA didn't blow up. Now I'm getting to thinking and dang john travolta literally decided to let his wife blow a criminal so a criminal wouldn't blow LA god damn you're an honorable man john travolta 

On 5/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, thebestever6 said:

I keep hearing the 100 is an awesome show anyone have any thoughts.

I love it, though I will admit that season one is slow, particularly the first few episodes. I was very unimpressed at first, but then they kicked it into gear. Season 2 is fantastic. Seasons 3 / 4 were good, not as great as season 2, but still very good. I didn't care for the end story of season 3, but that was my only real complaint. 

The show does a pretty good job with some of the characters, their evolution and growth, personality, and then has others that get shoved into the CW archetype. The show has some pretty good action sequences, I think as well. Better than some of the standard set pieces you see in a lot of the CW shows. I will also give the show an amazing amount of credit for putting characters in very "gray" situations where choices simply are not ideal and you can make a case for going either way. There's some darkness for sure in this show, and they force the characters to make some pretty hard decisions and put them in really tough positions. I wish they maybe held them accountable for the fall out a little bit more (one of the things about the show is that you tend to go from one crisis to another, so the fallout from certain decisions isn't felt), but the stakes feel legit, and in a lot of television shows, you don't even get that, so I'll take it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I love it, though I will admit that season one is slow, particularly the first few episodes. I was very unimpressed at first, but then they kicked it into gear. Season 2 is fantastic. Seasons 3 / 4 were good, not as great as season 2, but still very good. I didn't care for the end story of season 3, but that was my only real complaint. 

The show does a pretty good job with some of the characters, their evolution and growth, personality, and then has others that get shoved into the CW archetype. The show has some pretty good action sequences, I think as well. Better than some of the standard set pieces you see in a lot of the CW shows. I will also give the show an amazing amount of credit for putting characters in very "gray" situations where choices simply are not ideal and you can make a case for going either way. There's some darkness for sure in this show, and they force the characters to make some pretty hard decisions and put them in really tough positions. I wish they maybe held them accountable for the fall out a little bit more (one of the things about the show is that you tend to go from one crisis to another, so the fallout from certain decisions isn't felt), but the stakes feel legit, and in a lot of television shows, you don't even get that, so I'll take it. 

To be fair to the writers, they had an unanticipated actor departure they had to write in.  To say they chose poorly on how to do it would be a massive understatement.   I do think they redeemed that character in S4 (no spoilers).   But to say it was poor writing would be underselling how much the fan base went nuts lol. 

The mark of a great sci-if series is that the characters are so nuanced that you actually can sympathize with their situation.   The amount of grey they throw at the characters really makes them ones you care for deeply.  And the cast characters aren’t just White and Black Hats - great characters on all sides that can be sympathized with.  I’m floored that this kind of writing is coming from the CW TBH.   

Another benefit they have is that their writers do a great job of continuity.   Things that happened in S1 get referenced in S5.   It rewards viewers for following along.   

I really like that S4 and S5 have been shorter in eps.   There is way less filler time and each ep has a huge impact.  The 12-13 ep length is perfect now IMO. S5 has been amazingly strong so far through the first half.  

I won’t lie right now it’s #1 on my PVR list each week.  Not much competition right now but I love it that much.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1