What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

4 episodes into The Bear. Really enjoying it. Not a lot of manufactured drama yet ( I assume that will come with time )...most of it has been very much just been about people being people and the situations. For some reason I expected it to be a comedy... I have no idea why I thought that. There are some funny moments, but mostly been slice of life mixed with some dark humor (the sleeping scene in episode 4 is pretty funny) 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:14 PM, Forge said:

4 episodes into The Bear. Really enjoying it. Not a lot of manufactured drama yet ( I assume that will come with time )...most of it has been very much just been about people being people and the situations. For some reason I expected it to be a comedy... I have no idea why I thought that. There are some funny moments, but mostly been slice of life mixed with some dark humor (the sleeping scene in episode 4 is pretty funny) 

One of the best shows of the year. 

Episode 7 is incredible. Intense. 

• Like 1

The Manti Te'o documentary...... Wow..... That was a wild ride.

I'll be ok with saying I literally hate Ronaiah and anything bad that ever happens to her if justified. She liked telling the story way to much and enjoyed this attention way too much. Legit a terrible person. Manti, however, was still so genuinely upset and distraught over this, still. He's a really good person 

Worth a watch, for sure

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'll be ok with saying I literally hate Ronaiah and anything bad that ever happens to her if justified. She liked telling the story way to much and enjoyed this attention way too much. Legit a terrible person. Manti, however, was still so genuinely upset and distraught over this, still. He's a really good person 

There's a certain, unfortunately large, subsection of people who you can call infamous, and they'll just hear it as "I'm famous!"

• Like 2

Since BCS just finished up, I started a rewatch of Breaking Bad.  I legit forgot just how exceptional the pilot is.  It cracks me up too that they didn't just take the RV back out of town again and ditch it so it would look like Crazy 8 and Emilio died from a cooking accident.  But then we wouldn't get the amazing hijinks we got lol.

Also, I'm ffwding thru as many Skyler scenes as I can lol.  Marie too.   Ugh... both these women are straight up succubi. 👿👿

On 8/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, Outpost31 said:

I quit watching the X-Files after two seasons because I could never accept that Sculder was such a skeptic after all the **** she saw.

She was always skeptical to begin with, because as a doctor/scientist she is going to look for the most logical explanation for whatever is happening. But almost always, with proof, she comes around.

Scully starts off as a fairly new FBI agent iirc, and she was assigned to Mulder specifically to debunk him. She had to report directly to Skinner/CSM on every single move Mulder made, and have a reasonable explanation for every case they investigated. 

As the series goes on (especially after some major events happen to her specifically) she doesn't push against Mulder quite as much, and eventually leads the XFiles herself for a time before Doggett and Reyes take over 

I would recommend just looking up a list of the best stand alone episode and watch those. Episodes like Tithonus, Humbug, and Clyde Bruckman are FANTASTIC one off stories. (And there are lots more)

Edited by adamq

Man, what a travesty Manti Te’o’s story is. I’m a Notre Dame fan and I genuinely thought back then for some reason he was partially to blame for the dead gf hoax. Ronaiah is a remorseless, repugnant ******* monster. I wish there had been some kind of legal recourse against him. It was a heartbreaking watch, knowing now that his entire NFL potential and career and livelihood were squandered and ruined by that soulless person. He just seems like a genuine, likable person. Now he is the most synonymous name for catfishing. Ronaiah’s entire participation in this was littered with “i’s” and “me’s”, just totally obsessed with their own perspective with no shame for being such a pathetic person and hurting another person so much. Man. Manti deserved so much better than this. There’s no rewinding or explaining once the entire world is out to get you. 

I am friends with someone that catfished someone, they were actually in either season one or two of the MTV show Catfish. He was best friends w my ex and actually got expelled from our dorm for it and nowadays he’s a LGBTQ writer and is fully ashamed of having catfished someone, refused to attend the catfish reunion and everything. He actually showed contrition through it all and wants nothing to do with that history while Ronaiah just seems to love the spotlight being on them again. 
I’m left wondering now how Manti’s career goes if he’s confident and trusts in himself and his abilities. It’s such a mental game. It’s why I didn’t want Justin Fields to even play last year. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, Forge said:

I figure it loses all its integrity and we see that manufactured drama next season as it builds in popularity and tries to repeat its success. I haven’t actually worked in a kitchen in like a decade but as a bartender of 5 years that is constantly dealing with the kitchen the show felt on point (albeit on a much smaller scale than what I see) 

On 8/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, Outpost31 said:

I quit watching the X-Files after two seasons because I could never accept that Sculder was such a skeptic after all the **** she saw.

It was the most irritating thing in any TV series ever.

For as annoying as Sculder was though, it was always offset by Mully