What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 seasons down of Succession. I don't see what all the hype is about.

It's a solid show, but people say it's top 5 all time. I'm assuming the last season is going to have some payoff but I don't even feel like much has happened to this point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

It's a solid show, but people say it's top 5 all time. I'm assuming the last season is going to have some payoff but I don't even feel like much has happened to this point. 

No, you already watched the best years

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

Agreed, I was underwhelmed by this show.  I won't be surprised if its reputation diminishes over time.  Disliked every character, and I just didn't care about the storyline at all - thought the whole thing was corny.  Didn't make it past season 3 either. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:29 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Is there a third season?  Actually they set it up just perfectly either way. They answered just enough to cancel and left just enough to move it further. 

I haven't heard, but I think there's just enough meat on the bone to go one more (and hopefully they don't jump the shark with it).

• Like 1

Started watching "The Boys" earlier this week.  

Watched the 1st episode of season 2 today.  Just when I think that things can't become more "over the top", the show says....

giphy.gif

The narcissism of some of these characters is darned near unbelievable.  

The fact that Billy Butcher's wife (girlfriend?), Becca was still alive was a bit of a shock at the end of S1.

Overall, this show is campy, fun, and I look forward to seeing where it goes next.

• Like 1

P_TheBear_s3_TA_L178_3840x2160_LanguageC

s3 was incredible. This level of writing, directing and acting is so inspiring. It was also nice to have the entire season drop at one time. I feel like we’ve seen less of this lately so it was nice to have something elite to binge over a couple days. 

15 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Watched the 1st episode of season 2 today.  Just when I think that things can't become more "over the top", the show says....

giphy.gif

The fact that Billy Butcher's wife (girlfriend?), Becca was still alive was a bit of a shock at the end of S1.

Overall, this show is campy, fun, and I look forward to seeing where it goes next.

Don’t get too close to starlight’s face 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

giphy.gif

Have fun! 

And yeah, listen to Ty lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not a fan of The Bear Season 3

It isn't bad, but it left behind almost everything that made it such an enjoyable watch in the first season.  It no longer feels as raw and real as it once did.  It comes across as pretentious, like the writers read all of the glowing reviews for Season 1 and Season 2 (which has some of the same problems as S3, but they do a better job advancing the plot here and you are led to believe they are building towards an explosive next season), and wrote Season 3 with that in mind.  The plot hardly moves forward in any meaningful way.  The constant back-and-forth yelling and talking over each other was funny and authentic at first, but has become overdone and forced.    

The entire season feels like Emmy-bait.  The only saving grace is all the episodes dropping at once.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

Hard disagree.  s3 is fantastic esp the flashback episodes that focus on individual characters.  The conversation between Tina and Michael is one of the best sequences in the entire show.  And the editing in ep1 specifically will win the Emmy.

On 7/2/2024 at 9:09 AM, iknowcool said:

Not a fan of The Bear Season 3

It isn't bad, but it left behind almost everything that made it such an enjoyable watch in the first season.  It no longer feels as raw and real as it once did.  It comes across as pretentious, like the writers read all of the glowing reviews for Season 1 and Season 2 (which has some of the same problems as S3, but they do a better job advancing the plot here and you are led to believe they are building towards an explosive next season), and wrote Season 3 with that in mind.  The plot hardly moves forward in any meaningful way.  The constant back-and-forth yelling and talking over each other was funny and authentic at first, but has become overdone and forced.    

The entire season feels like Emmy-bait.  The only saving grace is all the episodes dropping at once.  

Thank you, I didn’t want to fight thrill there. I’m only halfway through but it doesn’t feel like it’s following a linear progression. Things are just happening and it’s trying to be artsy, deep, or pointed at times. Like the first ep just being a montage, montages aren’t necessary in these days because you can recap more easily now. Back in the day it was like ohh yeah, that happened in the show years ago. Then the next episode they literally just said f*** you back and forth for 24 minutes. 

On 7/3/2024 at 11:54 AM, Ty21 said:

Thank you, I didn’t want to fight thrill there. I’m only halfway through but it doesn’t feel like it’s following a linear progression. Things are just happening and it’s trying to be artsy, deep, or pointed at times. 

That’s what I like about it tbh. If I wanted safe, linear storytelling all the time, I’d watch network TV.  I'd rather see creative storytelling than listening endless exposition. Show us, don’t tell us.