Orgeron, LSU reach separation agreement

NateDawg

7 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

I think this is a mistake but who cares.

There is a great article on the Athletic about this.  Sadly, it appears that Orgeron’s divorce soon after winning the title led to some off-field things, which have bled over into how he has approached the on-field job.  Some of the off-field instances put the school, or has the potential to put the school, in a bad light.  Additionally, it seems that there has been a growing disconnect between Orgeron and his players.  

If all of this is true, LSU made the right call.  Their other option was to treat this like USC did with Clay Helton.  If Orgeron was just good enough, he would stave off execution for another year, but recruits would continue to bail.  Sucks, because Orgeron is a likable guy.  

19 hours ago, biggie. said:

Average at best coach who only won the Natty because Burrow randomly became an unstoppable monster.

thats moreso due to Brady.

Obviously the LSU job is an attractive job. Going to be interesting to see if them and USC will be going after the same targets.  I sure as heck hope they take Fickell away from Cincy. 

21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I think Brady is deadset at getting a NFL head coaching gig. I think Dave Aranda would be an interesting choice for them. 

Absolutely. I would even bet he is probably plan B. But, imo, they have to swing for Brady first.