2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

9 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That's half right. The Trust (i.e. Ellis) wanted Kubiak to be OC and, as you say, almost a Co-HC, which Vic the HC handling the media responsibilities, going to league meetings, smoozing corporate sponsors, etc. The problem was Kubiak wanted to bring back Dennison, Pariani, et. al., and Elway wanted a younger, more forward-thinking lot of positional coaches so it fell apart. That's when they hired Scangarello. 

I lol’d

On 11/16/2021 at 2:51 PM, Joe_is_the_best said:

Who fits the bill for you?

For me i would be interviewing all of:

Mike Kafka (KC QB/passing game coordinator)

John Defillipo (chi QB/passing game coordinator)

Wes Phillips aka son of son of bum (LAR TE/passing game coordinator)

Thomas Brown (LAR RB/ast HC)

Ken Dorsey (Buf QB/passing game coordinator)

Luke Getsey (GB QB/passing game coordinator)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I Getsy

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

These OC candidates or HC candidates? I don't have anything against any of these guys but I do think I, personally, would be more comfortable with someone who has prior HC experience and pair him with a young "hot shot" OC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

These OC candidates or HC candidates? I don't have anything against any of these guys but I do think I, personally, would be more comfortable with someone who has prior HC experience and pair him with a young "hot shot" OC. 

Joe had asked about possible OC candidates. Those are guys I would be interested in if we go defensive HC

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

How far has Jason Garrett fallen... Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys to being fired from being the OC of the Giants... kudos to the Giants for actually making changes when coaches are failing. If only the same could be said for us.

True story - his brother got the axe this week too.   Talk about a bad week in the family.   

I never through Garrett was a good fit in NY. Patriot guys don’t like assistant coaches who are their own guys, see Mike Nolan’s one season here under Mac. None of that is to say that Garrett was some great OC, he wasn’t, but I never saw that as a good fit and I’d wager big money that Judge finds his own OC this off-season and then gets canned a year from now. 

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Is Marvin Lewis not a consideration? I'd say, pair him up with a young OC and DC and you got a good CEO type HC.  

People destroy Lewis for all the first round exits, but they were a totally irrelevant franchise when he took over and they were usually competitive for the next 15 years. I like the idea, just have to hit on the coordinators and land a QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

People destroy Lewis for all the first round exits, but they were a totally irrelevant franchise when he took over and they were usually competitive for the next 15 years. I like the idea, just have to hit on the coordinators and land a QB.

Yeah...it was the Bangles...if you coach them or the Lions you are taking a major risk with your career. After 15-years I am sure he has in game management experience, and by all accounts the players all seemed to love him. I am all for it...IF like you said we get the right coordinators in place and a better than average QB.