Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

20 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I want him to go to Cheese though...

Not out on the lake..

But this brings up an excellent Idea / Suggestion

I get it. I was thinking him going there would be like him rowing the boat lol. I think we're on the same page. I do like the gif creation regardless lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Whoever will let him fulfill his NIL. Not sure much else matters to the kid :shrug:

I don't think the # of starts NIL thing was confirmed. It's definitely not legal in the current nationwide NIL bylaws except for some kind of loophole in the state of Ohio. So it's unsubstantiated and we should probably give the kid the benefit of the doubt for now. He's a top QB. He's not going to want to sit another season or even two. The QB room was loaded up at Ohio State so you'd expect them to lose guys. People questioned Ewers decision from the get go too.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think the # of starts NIL thing was confirmed. It's definitely not legal in the current nationwide NIL bylaws except for some kind of loophole in the state of Ohio. So it's unsubstantiated and we should probably give the kid the benefit of the doubt for now. He's a top QB. He's not going to want to sit another season or even two. The QB room was loaded up at Ohio State so you'd expect them to lose guys. People questioned Ewers decision from the get go too.

I thought it was confirmed but that's my bad for not corraborating that piece of info. 

Honestly, he probably shouldn't sit another year, now. Did he need to last year? I'd be hard pressed to find a reason not to for a top tier program. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I'm sure the duffle bags are being stocked all over the country

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I thought it was confirmed but that's my bad for not corraborating that piece of info. 

Honestly, he probably shouldn't sit another year, now. Did he need to last year? I'd be hard pressed to find a reason not to for a top tier program. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I'm sure the duffle bags are being stocked all over the country

Sure. He absolutely needed to sit last year. He was basically a HS senior. But him transferring has to do with no clear shot at playing time in 2022 since Stroud's back. So I get it from his perspective. 

• Like 1

Lettermen Row crew is about the only reliable OSU reporting source tbh. Ward and Birmingham are very connected both to the coaches and the players. That reporting definitely has some validity. I won’t vouch for most of the other ‘reporters.’ With that said, yeah, I do get him in a general sense wanting a shot to start.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not even trolling, but if Ewers is going to transfer to a Texas school it's got to be A&M, right?

Probably a better chance at winning with A&M. The team he grew up loving is the longhorns. They need a QB. Got the freshman offesive player of the year, #1 athlete in last years class at TE and Bijan at RB. The offense has potential.