Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is why I feel there's needs to be some limitations but everyone will just disagree with me again lol

The thing is, the NCAA is basically a joke of a governing body and has been for a really long time. So unless something is in place, good for these guys that go 100% to take advantage of it. The NCAA is at a point where they aren’t even hiding that they want to wash their hands of doing anything. 

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I do always just think it’s weird when guys end up going to a team in the same conference. It happens everywhere though.

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is why I feel there's needs to be some limitations but everyone will just disagree with me again lol

I feel like JT Daniels is kinda like where I draw the line. Transferring multiple times cus he can't make good choices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The thing is, the NCAA is basically a joke of a governing body and has been for a really long time. So unless something is in place, good for these guys that go 100% to take advantage of it. The NCAA is at a point where they aren’t even hiding that they want to wash their hands of doing anything. 

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I do always just think it’s weird when guys end up going to a team in the same conference. It happens everywhere though.

I'm definitely not faulting the players for taking advantage of it and agree the NCAA is a joke of a governing body. I would just really like to see some limitations put in place. For instance, your second line. Fine, transfer but make it happen out of conference. I dunno... just something lol. 

Like Danger said, this JT Daniels thing is absurd but he is certainly the exception. 

21 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Saban tried to warn everybody too lol.

Saban is ageless and its infuriatingly admirable for a dude who could have phoned it in and stopped changing if he wanted. His offense was outdated, so he went out and made the OC position at Bama rehab for hotshot young coordinators. CFBs entire recruiting structure changes and he doesn't whine to the press, he just takes full advantage and now poaches kids who go to small schools over Bama out of HS. Ridiculous.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It's not just transfers, since NIL, the NCAA has really given up on even pretending that they're governing the sport. Conference realignment is up to teams. Player safety is up to conferences. NIL is up to Congress.

Now that they don't have a monopoly on the money, they're a glorified scheduler.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not just transfers, since NIL, the NCAA has really given up on even pretending that they're governing the sport. Conference realignment is up to teams. Player safety is up to conferences. NIL is up to Congress.

Now that they don't have a monopoly on the money, they're a glorified scheduler.

Where were they 10 years ago when my coach had us practicing 30+ hours a week?

Thankfully they gave us all $7 cash after each double header to use for meal money. (Not an exaggeration)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Where were they 10 years ago when my coach had us practicing 30+ hours a week?

Thankfully they gave us all $7 cash after each double header to use for meal money. (Not an exaggeration)

Counting the rest of the money and wondering who took "their" $7 probably. Took them a few years to realize if they made them post practice gift bags, they could sell the ad space and get promo material out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Counting the rest of the money and wondering who took "their" $7 probably. Took them a few years to realize if they made them post practice gift bags, they could sell the ad space and get promo material out of it.

Pour one out for the old creative team dinner postgame minus the adult beverages:

EgtpH-zU4AAIYaj.jpg

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Caleb Williams to Wisconsin?

He and his family wants the place to best prepare him for the NFL and for them to even consider Wisconsin is absurd.  Wisconsin is the place to develop QBs for the NFL?  Since when?  Russell Wilson sure but he was outstanding on NC State long before he came to Wisconsin, Wisconsin just put him in the public eye more and in big games where he shined, plus being around a more well rounded team helped.

But based on the absolutely awful development of hyped QB Graham Mertz who is a walking turnover, not sure Wisconsin is the place to be.  Much less they are losing a lot of their WR talent, the top three pass catchers are all gone but none even had over 500 yards which is a joke.  Dike is returning but not much outside of him unless some young guys really step up.  Sure they have one of the best backs in the nation with Allen no question but even more reason for Caleb Williams to not go there because they run the ball so much.  The offensive line is pretty overrated and will just be ok, not like he has some wall of greatness blocking for him.  

It would be an awful choice for him to go to Wisconsin for his QB development for the NFL.   Just look at Jack Coan, was basically kicked out of Wisconsin and look how much he improved and how better he looked on Notre Dame, now will probably be a late round draft pick in a QB thin draft.  And he was wildly more productive than Mertz ever has been even on Wisconsin.  

USC and LSU I have heard for Caleb Williams.  Almost like someone put Wisconsin in there on purpose just to get some attention/buzz in the portal.   It was reported by On3sports, no clue what that even is so....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That'd be the second most shocking thing to me over the past 2 months of College Football only behind the top CB going to Jackson State.

True but that corner went to a team coached by one of the best corners in the history of football, a corner who played both ways at times and apparently Travis Hunter has those asperations as well and doubt a bigger program would be as open to it.  That honestly makes way more sense than Caleb Williams going to Wisconsin, Joe Montana or something is the coach there at Wisconsin?  No he is not.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He and his family wants the place to best prepare him for the NFL and for them to even consider Wisconsin is absurd.  Wisconsin is the place to develop QBs for the NFL?  Since when?  Russell Wilson sure but he was outstanding on NC State long before he came to Wisconsin, Wisconsin just put him in the public eye more and in big games where he shined, plus being around a more well rounded team helped.

But based on the absolutely awful development of hyped QB Graham Mertz who is a walking turnover, not sure Wisconsin is the place to be.  Much less they are losing a lot of their WR talent, the top three pass catchers are all gone but none even had over 500 yards which is a joke.  Dike is returning but not much outside of him unless some young guys really step up.  Sure they have one of the best backs in the nation with Allen no question but even more reason for Caleb Williams to not go there because they run the ball so much.  The offensive line is pretty overrated and will just be ok, not like he has some wall of greatness blocking for him.  

It would be an awful choice for him to go to Wisconsin for his QB development for the NFL.   Just look at Jack Coan, was basically kicked out of Wisconsin and look how much he improved and how better he looked on Notre Dame, now will probably be a late round draft pick in a QB thin draft.  And he was wildly more productive than Mertz ever has been even on Wisconsin.  

USC and LSU I have heard for Caleb Williams.  Almost like someone put Wisconsin in there on purpose just to get some attention/buzz in the portal.   It was reported by On3sports, no clue what that even is so....

you wrote all this just to say wisconsin is a bad place for qbs? crazy

• Like 3

This is just one of those things I would have to see to believe. Leaving Oklahoma for Wisconsin… Quarterback development, championship Pedegree, NIL, location, etc. I’m going to chalk it up as Internet rumors until somebody put pen to paper because it doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 1