WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

If I were a team owner, I would provide a "no questions asked" limousine ride, available 24 hours/day for my players and coaches. 

Also, if I'm Mark Davis, I would also include a mandatory haircut by my barber for any knucklehead who goes out and gets a DUI when the limo was available.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd add the Ravens, but more or less yeah. The rest of the league is just jostling for draft positioning and hoping their young guys show improvement so they maybe have a shot next year.

Why do you even watch. Lol. Or was it just a bad take and you trying your best to stand behind it. Either way just silly. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If I were a team owner, I would provide a "no questions asked" limousine ride, available 24 hours/day for my players and coaches. 

Also, if I'm Mark Davis, I would also include a mandatory haircut by my barber for any knucklehead who goes out and gets a DUI when the limo was available.

I don’t understand why you would drive drunk with that much money. And on top of that, if you made that bad decision, why you would choose to go fast.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Teams already have that. Some companies have it to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Are you advocating for permanent bans of employment for every person who has a DUI? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm simply pointing out that the only thing that separates what he did from anyone else who has a DUI is awful luck. Tragic and awful and obviously the reason behind stiff DUI penalties, but still just tragic, awful luck that this was his result.

Note that I am in favor of even stiffer DUI penalties than currently exist - but a permanent employment ban is not among the consequences I would consider.

I mean his actions resulted in a direct death of another person. So you take it case by case basis... and in this case i think its clear he threw away his shot to ever play football again. This isnt just any DUI... this is a DUI that lead to a horrible accident that cost the someones life. If he sees the field again it would be crazy... some people are being canceled for saying a hurtful words nowadays. This is a case were someone should truly be canceled for killing another human being.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Why do you even watch. Lol. Or was it just a bad take and you trying your best to stand behind it. Either way just silly. 

I like football. And I have fantasy players on several teams. My team can spin their wheels and I'll still watch.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don’t understand why you would drive drunk with that much money. And on top of that, if you made that bad decision, why you would choose to go fast.

There is an old saying that money doesn't affect a person's character.  It simply magnifies it.  I have mixed emotions about this story.  What Ruggs did was titanically stupid, but he IS still just a kid who hasn't lived much.  It's sad that he will probably have to pay a huge price to learn a lesson that many people were fortunate enough to learn without any repercussions.  It is a tragedy all around.  An innocent person driving the RAV4 lost their life, and Ruggs may have thrown away what could have been an incredible life with one stupid decision.  Very sad.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd add the Ravens, but more or less yeah. The rest of the league is just jostling for draft positioning and hoping their young guys show improvement so they maybe have a shot next year.

That would be like saying the 2001 Patriots season was over at 5-5. 

20 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

A Bengals fan may correct me but I am pretty sure that Mike Brown had a driver for Chris Henry after Henry had several DUIs.  That is the only time I heard of an owner hiring an a driver for a player

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That would be like saying the 2001 Patriots season was over at 5-5. 

No, it's like saying the 2021 Raiders season is over. The 2021 Patriots season is over too. 

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, it's like saying the 2021 Raiders season is over. The 2021 Patriots season is over too. 

But the point utilizes the same logic which is how would you know that about a 5-2 team leading their division if you haven't seen the finish line yet? They still have 10 and potentially more games to play. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

A Bengals fan may correct me but I am pretty sure that Mike Brown had a driver for Chris Henry after Henry had several DUIs.  That is the only time I heard of an owner hiring an a driver for a player

I am think that was Odell Thurman, both had their issues though. 

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Like the Patriots at 5-5, how would you know that about a 5-2 team leading their division if you haven't seen the finish line yet? They still have 10 and potentially more games to play. 

Because Tom Brady isn't on those other teams
"hey this one time, a team with the GOAT QB went against your reasoning"
Why can't every QB play well into their 40's?

Don't use Brady as an example. He doesn't make sense.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It wouldn't matter, he was drunk and wanted to drive...no free service was going to change his horrible decision making.  This is just tragic, I feel so terrible for that young woman.