WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Extremely dramatic. Season definitely isn't over because of a young players recklessness. Team has 3 other players outside of Ruggs who have 300+ receiving yards. Only team to worry about in the division is the Chargers. 

If your life depended on predicting who will win the SB this year, and you had 5 picks to get it right, none of them would be the Raiders, even with Ruggs.

Regarding my friend who served the 4 years I should have mentioned that I don't know exactly what happened. I received all the info second hand from the other side of the country. Everyone told me it was accumulation and not a major incident as final trigger. I can't say for sure. The summary I got was that he nearly hit another car on Tropicana late at night and the occupants of that car got the license number and called it in. Then supposedly the responding officer witnessed another near miss.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

It isnt, but that doesn’t change the fact your feelings were hurt 

lol calling out a dumb take is not getting my feelings hurt.

I've paid money to watch Matt Cassel, Todd Haley, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Kyle Orton, Tyler Thigpen, Romeo Crennel and some of the worst football in the last 20 years. If you think I'm upset about not being considered the best team in the division or even about being 4-4 with a shot at the playoffs at this point in the year, your take is worse than the op I quoted.

It's not that the Chiefs are killers (they clearly have problems and look like they may not even make the playoffs), it's the arrogance of a vulnerable team only 2 games ahead of both the Chiefs and Broncos (with half a season to go), who hasn't won the division in 20 years.

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

…which means it was an accident. A stupid accident, but an accident.

Why serious jail time? What good does punishing him do? He’s not a serial killer, who you lock up to protect people. He’s a dumb kid who made a stupid decision that thousands of people make everyday, and got the worst possible result.

Pointless punitive jail terms have done nothing to curb real crime in the US, let alone those without criminal intent, they just increase the already needlessly bloated incarcerated population.

Take his license, mandate counselling, make him sign over 60% of his pay cheques to the victims family, forever if you want. All make sound sense. Throwing him in jail is nothing but vindictive and does nothing to benefit society.

60%? 

F that. A DUI case can absolutely ruin a normal person's finances. 

Ruggs doesn't deserve to keep making millions right off the bat.

Give him the standard living wage per year and tell him congratulations on learning a reality in which his @ss isn't consistently kissed. 

The other 99% of his earnings can go to the family and groups like MADD. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

…which means it was an accident. A stupid accident, but an accident.

Why serious jail time? What good does punishing him do? He’s not a serial killer, who you lock up to protect people. He’s a dumb kid who made a stupid decision that thousands of people make everyday, and got the worst possible result.

Pointless punitive jail terms have done nothing to curb real crime in the US, let alone those without criminal intent, they just increase the already needlessly bloated incarcerated population.

Take his license, mandate counselling, make him sign over 60% of his pay cheques to the victims family, forever if you want. All make sound sense. Throwing him in jail is nothing but vindictive and does nothing to benefit society.

He didn’t get behind the wheel with the intent of killing anyone but if you don’t punish drunk drivers for killing people nobody is going to take the laws seriously.  These people need to be made an example of.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

lol calling out a dumb take is not getting my feelings hurt.

I've paid money to watch Matt Cassel, Todd Haley, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Kyle Orton, Tyler Thigpen, Romeo Crennel and some of the worst football in the last 20 years. If you think I'm upset about not being considered the best team in the division or even about being 4-4 with a shot at the playoffs at this point in the year, your take is worse than the op I quoted.

It's not that the Chiefs are killers (they clearly have problems and look like they may not even make the playoffs), it's the arrogance of a vulnerable team only 2 games ahead of both the Chiefs and Broncos (with half a season to go), who hasn't won the division in 20 years.

What arrogance though? Because he said the Chargers were the only team to be worried about in the division? I don’t think that’s too far fetched. I think we can agree the Chiefs don’t look too hot. He didn’t say nothing bad about KC, yet you were still bothered enough to comment on it. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

What arrogance though? Because he said the Chargers were the only team to be worried about in the division? I don’t think that’s too far fetched. I think we can agree the Chiefs don’t look too hot. He didn’t say nothing bad about KC, yet you were still bothered enough to comment on it. 

I actually never said anything about the Chiefs. My "Never change" comment, was because dismissing 2 teams who are 2 games back seems like an arrogant take with half the season to go, especially considering they haven't won the division in 20 years. It's not out of the conversation that the Raiders end up with a worse record than the Broncos, at this point.

I'm not bothered, it's just a shortsighted take.

Sorry for commenting.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

The Raiders aren't winning the SB this year. Their season is over. Their hopes and dreams for next year remain though. With Gruden gone anything is possible....but not this year.

Wait the season being over or not determines if you can win the superbowl? So steelers, bengals, colts, ravens, chargers, pats, saints, and  browns seasons are all over to. 

So bills, cowboys, bucs, packers, cards, and rams are the only teams who season isnt over yet. The rest of the league just spinning its wheels.  That's your take. Hmmmm ok. That makes sense. 

Edited by dante9876

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Wait the season being over or not determines if you can win the superbowl? So steelers, bengals, colts, ravens, chargers, pats, saints, and  browns seasons are all over to. 

So bills, cowboys, bucs, packers, cards, and rams are the only teams who season isnt over yet. The rest of the league just spinning its wheels.  That's your take. Hmmmm ok. That makes sense. 

I just want to make the playoffs. When you do that, you at least have a chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I'd add the Ravens, but more or less yeah. The rest of the league is just jostling for draft positioning and hoping their young guys show improvement so they maybe have a shot next year.