Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

Meant until now. ;)

Mayfield not being able to utilize OBJ isn't some unicorn. It's indicative of how well he sees the field and reads defenses. It's revealing what kind of QB he is. You want to have faith he'll go on to be great, have at it.

I’m not predicting what he will or won’t be at all.

My stance has been clear this whole time.  Is Baker the answer?  No clue.  I am however certain that we’ve got 3 and a half years of receipts that show a few things. 

First, with OBJ Baker is terrible.  Those two in particular could not be worse together.

Secondly, when he passes to pretty much anyone else he’s been successful.

I’m sure you’re aware of the with/without OBJ numbers.  This isn’t a small sample size, it’s 3 and a half season.

Maybe Baker is the guy, maybe he’s not, but we were never gonna find out with OBJ.  If he fails without him this year and next, you move on.  If not, you acknowledge that while both parties may be talented, they simply didn’t figure it out together.

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Meant until now. ;)

Mayfield not being able to utilize OBJ isn't some unicorn. It's indicative of how well he sees the field and reads defenses. It's revealing what kind of QB he is. You want to have faith he'll go on to be great, have at it.

Doesn't matter, OBJ has been getting big paychecks to underperform and be unavailable for 3 seasons now.  Baker has missed 1 game in 4 years and is in the middle playing through a dislocated shoulder.  Odell has the emotional intelligence of a house cat.  Good riddance.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol.

Like I’ve said, I get his frustration.  He had 2 targets last game.  But this isn’t a high volume offense for receivers.  In 2019 Diggs had like 93 targets with the Vikings in this offense, and he’s one of the best in the game.

I get why he’s mad and part of it isn’t his fault, but the way he handled it was atrocious.

Another one.

What. Did. HE. Actually. Do?

Not a Lebron tweet, not his dad doing some video montage of Baker sucking. Do we have audio, video, or social media proof of ODB actually doing something atrocious while in Cleveland? If we do, I will happily let this go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Another one.

Not a Lebron tweet, not his dad doing some video montage of Baker sucking. Do we have audio, video, or social media proof of ODB actually doing something atrocious while in Cleveland? If we do, I will happily let this go.

Odb Gia Miller GIF - Odb Gia Miller Impact Wrestling - Discover & Share GIFs

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Another one.

I’m not going to go back and forth with stuff you can Google.  If you don’t think the stuff we’re discussing is important or relevant, cool, others do.  I’m not sure we’re gonna change each other’s minds.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to go back and forth with stuff you can Google.  If you don’t think the stuff we’re discussing is important or relevant, cool, others do.  I’m not sure we’re gonna change each other’s minds.

I'm hearing several people say ODB has been acting out, is a detriment to the team, done something atrocious.

I'm curious what that was and can someone share proof of it.

I've seen it in NYG. It's my understanding he was a good teammate and matured in Cleveland. So unless someone shows me an example of that, I'm going to assume it's bitter Browns fans and people who disliked him in NY that are just making up stuff about ODB to fit a narrative now that Stefanski has told him to go home. 

My guess: ODB has been asking to get involved in the offense more. The Browns couldn't agree to compensation for ODB in the trade market. Stefanski realizes anything tied to ODB will be blown out of proportion by the media and sent him home...but none of that involves ODB acting out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm hearing several people say ODB has been acting out, is a detriment to the team, done something atrocious.

I've seen it in NYG. It's my understanding he was a good teammate and matured in Cleveland. So unless someone shows me an example of that, I'm going to assume it's bitter Browns fans and people who disliked him in NY that are just making up stuff about ODB to fit a narrative now that Stefanski has told him to go home. 

My guess: ODB has been asking to get involved in the offense more. The Browns couldn't agree to compensation for ODB in the trade market. Stefanski realizes anything tied to ODB will be blown out of proportion by the media and sent him home...but none of that involves ODB acting out. 

The video montage is not nothing. If his dad put it up against his wishes, he’d have taken it down quickly or OBJ would have spoken out saying those aren’t his feelings and tried to squash the issue.  Neither of those things happened. Same with LeBron.  No professional athlete is gonna come out and say that stuff about a friend unless they know the player is ok with it.

As far as the sideline shenanigans, it has happened here, just not this season.

Here’s a quick link from 2019.

His body language has been called into question since he’s been here.  When he’s not getting the ball he makes it very apparent he’s not happy. It’s happened every season, and was notable a few times on Sunday.  Is it a hanging offense?  Of course not, but it does cause issues and creates controversy.  

Yesterday he posted and quickly deleted something on Instagram like “maybe this thing with Baker and Cleveland isn’t gonna work out after all”.  You simply can’t do that.

Now he’s not answering calls apparently from his head coach.

And if there wasn’t a history of pretty much all of the same stuff happening when he was trying to force his way out of NY, maybe people would be more patient or understanding.  We’ve seen how this plays out.

I get why he’s unhappy, I truly do, and it’s understandable, but his behavior is unacceptable.  Act like a grown man and be a professional instead of having daddy post videos on social media and sulking like a child.

He clearly wanted to force their hand, and he has.  What’s the issue?  Or should they just keep allowing him to act more and more absurd?  Or do we just change the whole offense to accommodate one dude who’s been wholly ineffective here? Or do they wait and let this thing create more potential division in the locker room?  

What alternative was there at this point in your mind?

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Doesn't matter, OBJ has been getting big paychecks to underperform and be unavailable for 3 seasons now.  Baker has missed 1 game in 4 years and is in the middle playing through a dislocated shoulder.  Odell has the emotional intelligence of a house cat.  Good riddance.

So Baker hasn't underperformed? ...the guy that actually has to get him the ball...and you knock OBJ for emotional intelligence, and nothing on Baker?

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d7e26803ec387ce360

40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

His lack of production in Cleveland is largely on the QB and he hasn't said or done anything about it. It's been essentially the opposite of NYC until yesterday when family and friends stuck up for him.

Now he's effectively suspended because they dragged his QB in social media.

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The video montage is not nothing. If his dad put it up against his wishes, he’d have taken it down quickly or OBJ would have spoken out saying those aren’t his feelings and tried to squash the issue.  Neither of those things happened. Same with LeBron.  No professional athlete is gonna come out and say that stuff about a friend unless they know the player is ok with it.

As far as the sideline shenanigans, it has happened here, just not this season.

Here’s a quick link from 2019.

His body language has been called into question since he’s been here.  When he’s not getting the ball he makes it very apparent he’s not happy. It’s happened every season, and was notable a few times on Sunday.  Is it a hanging offense?  Of course not, but it does cause issues and creates controversy.  

Yesterday he posted and quickly deleted something on Instagram like “maybe this thing with Baker and Cleveland isn’t gonna work out after all”.  You simply can’t do that.

Now he’s not answering calls apparently from his head coach.

And if there wasn’t a history of pretty much all of the same stuff happening when he was trying to force his way out of NY, maybe people would be more patient or understanding.  We’ve seen how this plays out.

I get why he’s unhappy, I truly do, and it’s understandable, but his behavior is unacceptable.  Act like a grown man and be a professional instead of having daddy post videos on social media and sulking like a child.

He clearly wanted to force their hand, and he has.  What’s the issue?  Or should they just keep allowing him to act more and more absurd?  Or do we just change the whole offense to accommodate one dude who’s been wholly ineffective here? Or do they wait and let this thing create more potential division in the locker room?  

What alternative was there at this point in your mind?

4bUV7Ls.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not predicting what he will or won’t be at all.

My stance has been clear this whole time.  Is Baker the answer?  No clue.  I am however certain that we’ve got 3 and a half years of receipts that show a few things. 

First, with OBJ Baker is terrible.  Those two in particular could not be worse together.

Secondly, when he passes to pretty much anyone else he’s been successful.

I’m sure you’re aware of the with/without OBJ numbers.  This isn’t a small sample size, it’s 3 and a half season.

Maybe Baker is the guy, maybe he’s not, but we were never gonna find out with OBJ.  If he fails without him this year and next, you move on.  If not, you acknowledge that while both parties may be talented, they simply didn’t figure it out together.

Yet compare Eli’s rating targeting Odell compared to everybody else. Night and day. These numbers are inexcusable. Odell’s hands haven’t been good either but those numbers are crap.

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yet compare Eli’s rating targeting Odell compared to everybody else. Night and day. These numbers are inexcusable. Odell’s hands haven’t been good either but those numbers are crap.

I know. I’ve been saying they don’t work for well over a year.

Unless we just happen to have the most stacked group of receivers in history and the rest of them are good enough to make bum arse Baker look decent, then part of this is on Odell.  

But the point isn’t who’s to blame, it’s what do you do about it.  Moving on from OBJ is easier than Baker. It’s really that simple.