Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

39 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

there are a few non-antibody therapeutics on the horizon. i recall someone in one of the threads (not naming names) stated in a factual tone that the only way to stop a virus is antibodies. anyways hopefully this treatment allows the NFL to prevent negative effects in players that contract COVID to minimize their missed playing time. 

Molnupiravir is a viral inhibitor. It's not a preventative treatment. You take it after you test positive, and the affects aren't immediate.

The only impact this would have on NFL testing is maybe you could cut down the wait period for non vaccinated people from 10 days to 5 days. 

It works by creating a copy error in the viral cells, such that future cloned cells aren't viable. You still need your antibodies to get rid of the viral cells that aren't impacted and even the ones that are.

How this would be acceptable to people and not a vaccine, I have no idea. A vaccine produces an extremely predictable antibody. This creates an actual mutation in the virus. 

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are going to get hammered, and rightfully so.  They just let Aaron do what wants around there in regards to masks, so that Packers have a lot of blame on this.  Gonna guess 1mil fine and the loss of a substantial draft pick.  Hopefully if they are found at fault Aaron will also get a substantial fine.

Aaron is capped at 50k fine for his first offense. So we're not even going to get a pass there :(

39 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are going to get hammered, and rightfully so.  They just let Aaron do what wants around there in regards to masks, so that Packers have a lot of blame on this.  Gonna guess 1mil fine and the loss of a substantial draft pick.  Hopefully if they are found at fault Aaron will also get a substantial fine.

link ?

44 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Until they have a vaccine for selfishness and stupid, people still won’t get this vaccine. 

Yes, some people won't get any vaccine.  I know many contemporaries of mine who have never received the annual flu vaccine and probably never will.  I just got my flu shot a couple of weeks ago but I am over 65 and in the age group most at risk.  I don't think of folks who won't get the shot as selfish.  It is their choice.  I am fully vaccinated.  From what I hear I can still get it from others who are fully vaccinated so if someone decides to not get vaxxed THEY are the ones rolling the dice and not me.  To my mind the vaccines help keep folks from getting deathly sick and out of the hospital.  Rodgers decided to try alternative therapies but got it anyway.  From all reports Davante Adams was vaccinated and he too got it anyway.  It appears Rodgers is getting slammed for misleading us saying he is "immunized".  IMO younger people like him who are fit and professional athletes are are not in any danger from COVID.  We will find out soon if the team will be penalized by the league if they did not follow protocols.  If they did not then that is truly stupid.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are going to get hammered, and rightfully so.  They just let Aaron do what wants around there in regards to masks, so that Packers have a lot of blame on this.  Gonna guess 1mil fine and the loss of a substantial draft pick.  Hopefully if they are found at fault Aaron will also get a substantial fine.

Please...the precedent was set last year. Teams like Oakland and Denver manipulated their tracking devices by taking them off and spreading them around the building to make it look like their players were spread apart, then allowed players to not wear masks in the building. 

The Packers allowed Aaron Rodgers to not wear a mask in a press conference lol.

The fine will be like 100k for the team and 50 for Aaron. The panic over this is ridiculous.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

How many indoor press conferences have you seen from Aaron this year at the Packers facilities?  A dozen or more?  Rules state that as an unvaxxed player he is supposed to be masked.

Maybe Rodgers thought he was wearing a mask? See Hans Christian Anderson, The Emperor Has No Clothes. Some swindlers sold Rodgers a mask they said only stupid people couldn't see? LOL

Outpost has finally convinced me. Time to move on from this "Drama Queen." I would trade him before the next draft for a boat load of draft choices and give the "keys" to Love. Rodgers may have 4 or 5 good years left, but ever since his collarbone injuries, Rodgers' long ball has been iffy. And who really knows how a collarbone with 13 screws in it will ultimately affect his longevity. 

So there's multiple reasons to make a deal, age, health, wanting a say in personnel decisions, and salary cap space, not to mention his less than forthright answer to his vaccination status. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Maybe Rodgers thought he was wearing a mask? See Hans Christian Anderson, The Emperor Has No Clothes. Some swindlers sold Rodgers a mask they said only stupid people couldn't see? LOL

Outpost has finally convinced me. Time to move on from this "Drama Queen." I would trade him before the next draft for a boat load of draft choices and give the "keys" to Love. Rodgers may have 4 or 5 good years left, but ever since his collarbone injuries, Rodgers' long ball has been iffy. And who really knows how a collarbone with 13 screws in it will ultimately affect his longevity. 

So there's multiple reasons to make a deal, age, health, wanting a say in personnel decisions, and salary cap space, not to mention his less than forthright answer to his vaccination status. 

Love can seal the deal by balling out and showing folks that there is life beyond 12.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Please...the precedent was set last year. Teams like Oakland and Denver manipulated their tracking devices by taking them off and spreading them around the building to make it look like their players were spread apart, then allowed players to not wear masks in the building. 

The fine will be like 100k for the team and 50 for Aaron. The panic over this is ridiculous.

The NFL doesn't punish based on severity of the rule break but severity of the public outrage and in this case the Packers might be screwed. 

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I hope you are right, but I'm bracing for the NFL to make an example out of the Packers.

45 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, some people won't get any vaccine.  I know many contemporaries of mine who have never received the annual flu vaccine and probably never will.  I just got my flu shot a couple of weeks ago but I am over 65 and in the age group most at risk.  I don't think of folks who won't get the shot as selfish.  It is their choice.  I am fully vaccinated.  From what I hear I can still get it from others who are fully vaccinated so if someone decides to not get vaxxed THEY are the ones rolling the dice and not me.  To my mind the vaccines help keep folks from getting deathly sick and out of the hospital.  Rodgers decided to try alternative therapies but got it anyway.  From all reports Davante Adams was vaccinated and he too got it anyway.  It appears Rodgers is getting slammed for misleading us saying he is "immunized".  IMO younger people like him who are fit and professional athletes are are not in any danger from COVID.  We will find out soon if the team will be penalized by the league if they did not follow protocols.  If they did not then that is truly stupid.

I truly understand the hesitancy. Truth be told, I try to avoid medicines and never get the flu shot. I’ve been very lucky health wise and don’t get sick too often. 

this is a highly transmittable and deadly disease. It’s not just about the individual , it’s about everyone. You may have gotten it snd been just fine. However, you could also give it to someone and they might not be so lucky. That’s why people should get it . 

The end part is not true. Younger people have less risk than older people but there’s still risk and you still can transmit it .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope you are right, but I'm bracing for the NFL to make an example out of the Packers.

They should. 

There's no place in our current climate to NOT make an example of a lying, entitled public figure who celebrates pseudo-science. 

If Aaron has an ounce of integrity or situational awareness that extends beyond things that he can personally and immediately benefit from, he will get vaccinated and be very open and public about it.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Its not 'panic', its 'hope'. They hope unvaccinated athletes or celebrities with a stage are punished. Or as some people put it, 'Darwinsim' takes over. Whats the point? We can just wait. Right? 

These people hope the Packers and Rodgers are punished for affecting so many lives so terribly these past few months. Haven't you seen all the deaths in Green Bay from COVID? 

Quick!  Post a oh so reliable CDC article, that'll show em!

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They should. 

There's no place in our current climate to NOT make an example of a lying, entitled public figure who celebrates pseudo-science. 

If Aaron has an ounce of integrity or situational awareness that extends beyond things that he can personally and immediately benefit from, he will get vaccinated and be very open and public about it.

Don't worry, he won't.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Love can seal the deal by balling out and showing folks that there is life beyond 12.

Hope your right.  My expectation is that Love looks like Rodgers in Year 2 of his time in Green Bay of which it was obvious Rodgers was not ready.  I then expect most pundits to vilify the Packers (and Love) for a poor performance because they want to say "we told you so".  But we all witnessed the big change in Rodgers year 3 versus year 2 where it all started to come together.  My guess is we could see the same thing with Love in year 3.  If he performs better than that this weekend he is ahead of schedule.