Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

LeFleur was just asked by "Lance" to comment on Aaron's interview and his lip curled up and you could tell he wanted no part of this whole thing.

He was pissed that whole presser having to answer questions from all the dumb crap Rodgers said today in his surprise appearance on McAfee. Last thing the coach needed as he's preparing to play a game in a couple days with his backup QB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Could you elaborate more for those of us (me) who haven't followed the McAfee train?

It's a good way to get people to open up - spoon feed them what they want to hear.

With McAfee you very much get the feeling of a guy who not only loves pro wrestling (and I'm talking old school pro wrestling) but very much embraces the carney roots of it - i.e. work the audience to get them to keep coming back, keep spending that money.  It's not even a malicious thing (it can and has been in the radio/podcast world, but I don't get that feeling from McAfee), it's almost like a pure Smith Economics type thing of identifying a demand for something and providing a supply to the tune of profit.

I also think he's benefited massively from other sports talking heads that have made their current (highly-profitable) images off the back of just making hot take after hot take and then either double-down on it when it blows up or denying they ever actually made it.  These are your Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith types.  If you both bust the balls of those guys, indirectly through satire, (not too different from pre-"Late Show" Colbert) and provide a kinship with, for lack of a better word, "bro culture," there's definitely money to be had.

Thing is too, and I do genuinely believe this with regard to McAfee, he knows where is bread is buttered.  Much of his appeal and niche-foothold into the market comes from his access as a former player and contemporary of a number of current big stars (not unlike Rodgers), so he's not going to openly drag any of them and risk severing that tether until that udder's been milked as much as possible.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

The last time I saw anyone post like this, it was in ultimate frisbee.

Take your pick, both were great jokes. I want the title of best (****) poster though

your persistent glow is unimpeachable.  I'm speaking more to the burn bright and flame out supernovas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Y'all gonna champion Jordan Love like I did the entire draft process real soon here lol

Oh go on....go on.......
So you were saying they were gonna draft a QB....and I said multiple times it wasnt happening.
You just cant stop repeating that can you?  :)

I guess the price of having a HOF QB in GB is that they turn into a completely unlikeable ****** at the end of their career. Bart Starr is excluded from this since that's way before my time and anything I've seen or heard on him has been nothing but wholesome stuff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Y'all gonna champion Jordan Love like I did the entire draft process real soon here lol

I was gonna mention you in the Jordan Love thread but forgot lol. 

I never thought they’d have the stones to take a QB in round 1 so I didn’t watch any film on him. The next day though, I was all freaking in. I’ll gamble on this kid every day. He’s gonna be good 

• Like 1