ProFootballFocus Top/Bottom at every position, as of Week 9 2021

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Disrespected? Absolutely. In general, not just online. Top ten QB? Unlikely but worth a spirited debate.

The only QB’s you can put 100% over him are Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson. After that, it’s all pretty subjective. 6-10 changes every month to be honest. 

I’d have:

6. Kyler Murray

7. Lamar Jackson

8. Dak Prescott

9. Matt Stafford

10. Ryan Tannehil

11. Justin Herbert (bit overrated on FF in particular, still needs to prove more to be Top 10)

12. Kirk Cousins

13. Derek Carr

14. Baker Mayfield

15. Joe Burrow

16. Matt Ryan

These 16 are way above the second half. And I’d say the gap between 6-16 is not very large at all. They are all pretty close to one another. 

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's almost certainly based almost entirely on his grade as a receiver.

PFF almost only values RB who catch the ball, which is why Chubb is never there despite a historically high YPC, yards after contact, break tackle rate, and touchdown rate. It’s comical.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The only QB’s you can put 100% over him are Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson. After that, it’s all pretty subjective. 6-10 changes every month to be honest. 

I’d have:

6. Kyler Murray

7. Lamar Jackson

8. Dak Prescott

9. Matt Stafford

10. Ryan Tannehil

11. Justin Herbert (bit overrated on FF in particular, still needs to prove more to be Top 10)

12. Kirk Cousins

13. Derek Carr

14. Baker Mayfield

15. Joe Burrow

16. Matt Ryan

These 16 are way above the second half. And I’d say the gap between 6-16 is not very large at all. They are all pretty close to one another. 

I would put Carr a little higher and Mayfield a bit lower, but this looks pretty accurate. Plenty of room to debate where Stafford and Jackson go but they're definitely in that top-9 range.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’d have:

6. Kyler Murray

7. Lamar Jackson

8. Dak Prescott

9. Matt Stafford

10. Ryan Tannehil

12. Kirk Cousins

13. Derek Carr

14. Baker Mayfield

15. Joe Burrow

16. Matt Ryan

Raider fan calling Herbert overrated. Color me shocked.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

3. Tommy Townsend 51.2

I know it's a punter, I know no one cares, but I'm not sure I have ever disagreed more strongly with a PFF grade than this one. He was basically the MVP of the Green Bay game. He leads the league in net yards per punt. He has the 6th most punts inside the 20, despite having the 27th most punts in the league. He has not punted a single touchback. He's been perfect as a holder. He shanked one punt against Washington, and has basically been perfect otherwise.

i'm surprised to see tannehill graded that highly. for the most part he's looked much the same as he has the past two years- completion %, ypa, bulk yardage etc all on track, pretty much looks like the same guy as far as the eye test go- but his first half of the season has been marred by some pretty uncharacteristic WTF interceptions. he's already thrown 8 after throwing 7 all of last year. he's on track for fewer TDs too. knowing that he is ultimately a guy who is dependent on his supporting cast more than the really elite QBs, i think a lot of it can be chalked up to the rash of injuries at WR and along the OL such that guys have been in and out of the lineup all year, plus the switch from smith to downing. it'll be really interesting to see whether he can cut down on the turnovers and kick it into gear over the second half without henry.