Zeke Suspended...Or Not

Texas_OutLaw7

Poor guys, been suspended 3 times in 3 months. 

In all seriousness, Jerry should get on the phone and see what it'd take to get Carlos Hyde out of SF. He'd be cheap (financially), and it doesn't sound he's going to factor into their future plans, especially with the Jimmy G trade pretty much clearing the runway to draft Saquon. 

2015 I bought tickets in the offseason, flew down from Vancouver to watch my two favourite players (romo,dez) play, both were out with injuries.

2017 I buy tickets for Dallas vs KC to do the same thing this time to watch my new fav player (Zeke) who is now going to be suspended... fml. 

Least ill get to see Dak, Dez, Lee and Lawrence.... sigh

1 hour ago, anthbes said:

2015 I bought tickets in the offseason, flew down from Vancouver to watch my two favourite players (romo,dez) play, both were out with injuries.

2017 I buy tickets for Dallas vs KC to do the same thing this time to watch my new fav player (Zeke) who is now going to be suspended... fml. 

STOP ******* BUYING TICKETS ¬¬

2 hours ago, anthbes said:

You're killing the Dallas Cowboys with your selfish acts.  Get over yourself, sell the tickets and quit jeopardizing the team.

13 hours ago, Texasmade said:

Poor guys, been suspended 3 times in 3 months. 

In all seriousness, Jerry should get on the phone and see what it'd take to get Carlos Hyde out of SF. He'd be cheap (financially), and it doesn't sound he's going to factor into their future plans, especially with the Jimmy G trade pretty much clearing the runway to draft Saquon. 

Is Hyde, injury risk and all, such a huge upgrade over Morris (1600 yard seasons on record), McFadden (1089+300 receiving a calendar year ago),and the promising glimpses we have seen of Rod Smith? I dont really think so.

Firstly, Hyde is a straight ahead runner. This team is not a power blocking team, but a stretch and finesse blocking team that will beat you off the snap, out hustle you to the end of.the play, coordinate the blocks well, and technique you to the ground moreso than outmuscle you and smash you out of the way - which is why Hyde is already looking like a poor fit for Shannahan to begin with, who prefers our very own style of running scheme.

Secondly, he is a good player. Even if they look for only a fifth or sixth for him, which would be crazy unlikely cheap for that teams best offensive player, I can think of several fifth and sixth round guys who are playing quite well for this team right now. Is it not likely those picks would be best used shooting for another Orlando Scandrick, Anthony Brown, etc and not wasted on a guy who will be out of his element, in another poor schemefit for him, and likely is gone after the season? 

Morris, McFadden and Smith are a better trio of backups, and hell a better trio of an entire depth chart, than many teams in this league. Let alone good fits for the scheme, on a team whos identity on offense are those zone blocking all pros up front.

13 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Beyond insane, but whatever at this point. Just proves the legal system is a joke. 

This has nothing to do with the legal system and everything to do with the NFLPA doing a truly terrible job of negotiating the last CBA. This is exactly the process the PA agreed to; you think that's going to get overturned because the PA doesn't like the result of the process they signed off on?

13 hours ago, anthbes said:

...Wait a tick...

You did this!

46 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

This has nothing to do with the legal system and everything to do with the NFLPA doing a truly terrible job of negotiating the last CBA. This is exactly the process the PA agreed to; you think that's going to get overturned because the PA doesn't like the result of the process they signed off on?

You're right...my anger should be pointed more so at them. 

Archived