People who exceeded your expectations

ET80

Colts CB Rock Ya-Sin

Up until this season he’s been very inconsistent, often targeted for being too handsy. This season he’s been the most consistent CB we have. He’s made the case for being our starter and on the way to becoming our #1. Kenny Moore is still our best tackling CB and a top slot CB.

Isaiah Rodgers is also starting to outplay Xavier Rhodes and while Rhodes is out with an injury he might not be our starter when he returns. 

• Like 1

1. Jonathan Taylor. At this point last year, I legit thought he sucked. He basically just ran into his offensive linemen and got dropped the moment he got hit. He was under the radar really bad. This last week was basically the one year anniversary of him rushing for 12 yards against a bad Tennessee defense and getting the third most carries on the team. He was in a real timeshare with the immortal Jordan Wilkins and Hines. Then the following week he played Green Bay and the rest is history. You can make a case he's a top 3 running back in the NFL at this point. 

2. Deebo Samuel. He's always been good and had a lot of fans, but he's been first team all pro good this year. 

3. Cooper Kupp. Obviously he's always been good, but he's a damn cheat code this year. 

4. Mac Jones. I think people are going a little too overboard, but he's a competent starting NFL QB already and that's really good. I had real concerns about him being as pro ready as people thought, but clearly he was and he was a great fit with NE. I really like seeing them open things up more the last few weeks. 

5. Dan Arnold / Maxx Williams. The latter got hurt, but looked good. Arnold has actually been a pretty solid acquisition for the Jags, so I'm just going to throw both of these guys in there. 

6. Zeke. I kind of thought he was toast and a real argument could be made that Pollard was the better runner now. I think Zeke has come back and looked strong. Trayvon Diggs as well. 

7. The Titans as a whole? There's a really good shot that they have the number one seed this year in the AFC. They are beat to hell and back, Tannehill has been kind of meh this year, Henry is done for the regular season most likely...and despite the Jets hiccup, they have won some impressive games over the past month. Shoutout to Jeffrey Simmons who is a total monster. 

8. Michael Pittman. I think he's elevating his game to the next tier of receivers. We will be talking about him taking the "big step" next off season like we did for AJ Brown this off season. 

9. Cordarrelle Patterson. I mean...yeah

10. De'Vondre Campbell. He always had the traits, it just never quite clicked. This year he's going sideline to sideline and basically tackling anything he touches. 

• Like 7

Isaiahh Loudermilk - I do not know a Steeler fan that thought this was a good pick.  Everyone hated it or, at the minimum, thought it was a wasted pick.  As it turns out, the Steelers seem to know what they are doing ( at least for DE).  He is the 2nd best run defender on the team behind Heyward.  Watching the other DL get pushed out of the gap while Loudermilk and Heyward execute very good 2-gap control is quite a surprise. Mea culpa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

9. Cordarrelle Patterson. I mean...yeah

10. De'Vondre Campbell. He always had the traits, it just never quite clicked. This year he's going sideline to sideline and basically tackling anything he touches. 

Great calls. Forgot Campbell but he's been outstanding.

Cordarrelle, in 9 games, has a career high in receiving yards, receiving TDs, carries, rush yards, touches, and then obviously yards from scrimmage. He's 13 catches and one rush TD away from tying his career highs for those as well even though prior to this season he's only missed one career game. This season is a complete outlier in his career.

Sadly, nobody for Cleveland. If anything I feel everybody has taken a step back. It could be injuries, scheme or talent.

Jeremiah Owusu Koromoah I guess. He’s done better than what I expected from a rookie.

Malik McDowell has been solid at times.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm starting this up after @Billy86 brought up Joe Barry doing much better than expected as DC for GB.

Who has outplayed/outcoached your expectations this season?

Shane Bowen.

Everyone was skeptical after 2020's historically bad defense, and Bowen being the DC, but not the DC.  I was especially vocal about the scheme being a bad fit for the Titans players.

Shows what I know.  Bowen has made this defense into a top unit.  All while being really banged up.

• Like 1

Mac Jones: Really thought he’d struggle more. I know he’s in a better position than most rookie QBs. Still what’s he’s been able to do in a short amount of time is impressive. He got them at a decent shot at the division which seemed like a long shot before the season.

Edited by Blackstar12