Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

The Falcons have been able to move the ball pretty well for most of the game, but I felt like the Jags have kicked it up a little in the second half. Asking them to hold the Falcons to less than a FG in this one may be tough though. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I really dont get why the constant religious talk when it comes to the Texans is allowed on this site. It would be one thing if it happened in a random thread, but you cant even mention a player from the Texans without someone who thinks they are clever (they arent) stating some Christianity joke. 

What would happen if one of us started doing that with Judaism? You would get bounced from this site in 10 seconds. Probably the same if you were like "look at the Rams and those damn Atheist!" 

Im all for trolling. And I like jokes. But literally any other protected group gets treated with kid-gloves. Christian bashing is held up on a pedestal. Its just weird to me. 

No one is making fun of Christians or Christianity at large, they make fun of Easterby's approach at building a team by leaning into his faith. It's like when people used to crack jokes about Al Davis drafting the fastest guy in the draft every year. They weren't making fun of fast people, they were making fun of Al Davis's team building strategy. If the Rams came out and said they want to deliberately build a godless team, you can absolutely count on us making fun of that.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

When a team is bad, you find reasons to make fun of it. Nobody would be mocking Easterby's Bible studies if his team was 8-2.

Yeah they would. "holy spirit is guiding them to wins" "Jesus was on their side" - - the jokes would be just as stupid but positive instead of negative. 

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

No one is making fun of Christians or Christianity at large, they make fun of Easterby's approach at building a team by leaning into his faith. It's like when people used to crack jokes about Al Davis drafting the fastest guy in the draft every year. They weren't making fun of fast people, they were making fun of Al Davis's team building strategy. If the Rams came out and said they want to deliberately build a godless team, you can absolutely count on us making fun of that.

This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Like that? Really?

I'd do horrible things to get those two in Houston.

The only 2 teams we've beaten since our 3-0 start were the Murray-less Cardinals and the sad Falcons.  And even within our 3-0 start, 2 of the teams we beat were the Texans and Jets.  We're getting schlapped by MIAMI, got slapped by New England, we got slapped by the Cowboys and Vikings and got lucky both times to make it close at the end.

We've handled the QB position worse than any other team.  Offensive line is worse now than it was when Rhule arrived.  And college allegiance is the only thing I can think of as to why PJ Walker has a job even as a back-up.  That is a problem.