Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Green is athletic enough to be an outstanding center.  He needs more strength.  Let him add 15 lbs of muscle in the off season and we will see.  At this point I do not see what would make him a dominate OG as he would have the same issues as he had at center.

My only guess is that Center requires a lot of skill and technique to go along with skill. Guard doesn't require as much mental stuff. So maybe switching him back to guard will allow him to stop thinking so much and let his natural athleticism and strength take over?

• Like 1

Not that he’s special but Joe Haeg probsbly comes back next year as decent depth...I can see him starting at RT next til a rookie that pick in RD1 or 2 is ready...they won’t be able to rebuild the whole OL this offseason.

They could sign say....Ryan Jensen/Ted Karras at OC and James Daniels for RG and put other FA $$& at a DB or ILB.

Just stating a possible scenario.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

If a R1 or R2 rookie can't beat out Haeg on a fair fight, they were a bad pick.

I'm curious the type of OT and OG they look for. Are we looking for road grader types
like D.Kinnard and D.Faalele, or more agile movers like N.Petit-Frere and Zion Johnson?
I suppose there are also a few players that fall somewhere in between, like K.Green and B.Raimann.
I'm just curious - what do they want our post Ben identity to be?
Man do I wish I could see the draft board. 

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

RD1 you’re probably right.

Rd2 that’s debatable depending upon the reason(raw/changing sides etc)

I just think Haeg is that bad TBH that a journeyman 4th T shouldn't be able to beat out a rookie pick that you expect to start of contribute year 1.

16 hours ago, 3rivers said:

with denver firing fangio, maybe bring Munchak back if possible

I thought about that this morning. But didn’t Munch want to be located there as he is closer to his daughter and grand child? I would imagine if that’s the case he either gets retained by new coaching staff (smart move) or possibly retire?

6 minutes ago, Regulators87 said:

I thought about that this morning. But didn’t Munch want to be located there as he is closer to his daughter and grand child? I would imagine if that’s the case he either gets retained by new coaching staff (smart move) or possibly retire?

He doesn't strike me as the type to retire.  Yet at least.  It certainly sounded like when he took the Denver job his preference was to either stay in Pittsburgh or go to Denver.

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Really random though but if Jameson Williams (Bama WR) were to fall to 20 due to the knee injury, would you take him (almost punting the rookie year from your 1st pick) anyways knowing it's the best long term for your franchise?

I don't know enough about his as a prospect, but how much different will he be than next years crop of receiver? 

There's always talent at receiver coming into the league now a days. He would have to be world class of the world class for me to willingly take a year off at the position. Taking a redshirt year like that doesn't really bother me for the right talent, but I'm not sure thats the position to do it at. 

22 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't know enough about his as a prospect, but how much different will he be than next years crop of receiver? 

There's always talent at receiver coming into the league now a days. He would have to be world class of the world class for me to willingly take a year off at the position. Taking a redshirt year like that doesn't really bother me for the right talent, but I'm not sure thats the position to do it at. 

Great speed. Good hands. Great size for the speed (6’2” 189). Good route runner. Does special teams as well. Before the injury lots of people ranked him WR3, 10-14 overall on the board. Has drawn comps to DJackson, Waddle, Fuller.