2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fun fact: the guy is hurt too much

Agreed...I wouldn't want to pay the amount he is going to get in FA for a guy who is a great talent but can't be on the field enough to show it...would shock me if we did given what Poles has said but you never know.

4 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

What does Goldman have left on his contract?

https://overthecap.com/player/eddie-goldman/3887/

Finding a 3-4 team and trading him for basically whatever they’d give us would be great. The cap savings for us in a trade or cut is the same.

At his best Goldman is probably worth a mid round pick. Realistically if we got a 6th or 7th for a player who’s no longer a scheme fit we probably have to jump on that.

The best fit for a trade like this would seem to be the Chargers ($57M in cap space, 3-4 base defense & their starting NT Linval Joseph is a UFA). They currently have 1 pick each round 1-5, 2 in round 6 and 4 in round 7. 

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

https://overthecap.com/player/eddie-goldman/3887/

Finding a 3-4 team and trading him for basically whatever they’d give us would be great. The cap savings for us in a trade or cut is the same.

At his best Goldman is probably worth a mid round pick. Realistically if we got a 6th or 7th for a player who’s no longer a scheme fit we probably have to jump on that.

The best fit for a trade like this would seem to be the Chargers ($57M in cap space, 3-4 base defense & their starting NT Linval Joseph is a UFA). They currently have 1 pick each round 1-5, 2 in round 6 and 4 in round 7. 

Nobody is trading for Goldman.

He will be cut and picked up by someone.   He may retire.

Not sure he wants to play football anymore.  I guess it depends on his financial situation.

Whatever it was, he clearly lacked motivation last year.   Who knows what his mindset is now.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nobody is trading for Goldman.

He will be cut and picked up by someone.   He may retire.

Not sure he wants to play football anymore.  I guess it depends on his financial situation.

Whatever it was, he clearly lacked motivation last year.   Who knows what his mindset is now.

No one is trading for Goldman without trying to get into his head and figure out what his deal is/was. I agree it's unlikely that anyone would make a trade for him, but you have to admit that @AZBearsFan's Chargers scenario is at least possible...

• Like 2