2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

Just now, dll2000 said:

The deal is they cut and paste promotional texts from agents and NFL execs in exchange for news.   Someone let cat out of bag awhile ago.  

I figured it was to keep agents happy and willing to continue the information pipeline flowing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Honey Badger would be a moronic signing.

30 million at safety and our offense in shambles.

Windy can pretty much post for me this offseason.  I am agreeing with most everything he says of late. 

• Like 1

Poles is playing the comp pick game.

Robinson, Hicks, Dalton, and others will sign elsewhere. Bears have been pretty judicious in FA so far. They can eventually fill the roster with players who get cut. Those players have no impact on the comp pick formula.

You have to ask yourself if having high value FAs for 2022 is more valuable than having an extra 3RP in 2023.

Edited by abstract_thought

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Poles is playing the comp pick game.

Robinson, Hicks, Dalton, and others will sign elsewhere. Bears have been pretty judicious in FA so far. They can eventually fill the roster with players who get cut. Those players have no impact on the comp pick formula.

You have to ask yourself if having high value FAs for 2022 is more valuable than having an extra 3RP in 2023.

I don't think they'll be getting as many comp picks as you may think. Grant and Nichols, if I'm reading the formula right, won't generate any.

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I like the Lucas Patrick.

In a perfect world he is your backup at every spot like for the Packers. 

But he can start while we transition the OL. Ideally he starts and eventually is replaced by a stud rookie.

He is a physical mauler. And having a C who knows the offense is big.

Pretty much this.  Except for the mauler part.  He's someone who can start if you need it, but his value comes from his versatility.

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think they'll be getting as many comp picks as you may think. Grant and Nichols, if I'm reading the formula right, won't generate any.

I think Nichols will come in around a 5-6 round value. Hicks will hopefully offset Ogunjobi. Which means Robinson, Dalton, and Daniels could bring back picks.

It all depends who the Bears sign over the next few weeks. But if the Bears take a minimal approach to FA, they could earn multiple future picks in rounds 3-5, then fill the roster with players cut by other teams. Guys like JC Tretter don't count against the formula because they were cut.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much this.  Except for the mauler part.  He's someone who can start if you need it, but his value comes from his versatility.

2260172-C-E923-45-AD-B974-0-EDC6-B2-F59-

I expect you may know better (I tend to be pretty skeptical of subjective analytics), but this seems to tell a different story. Hopefully for the Bears they’re more right than you! 🍻 

• Like 2

The Bears are currently net 0 on comp picks

Ogun-Daniels

Patrick-Nichols

Grant does not count because he voided his contract and Morrow probably will not make enough to make the 7th round cut off this year.

We need Hicks, Dalton, and Ifedi to clear 3 million to protect the Robinson pick.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

2260172-C-E923-45-AD-B974-0-EDC6-B2-F59-

I expect you may know better (I tend to be pretty skeptical of subjective analytics), but this seems to tell a different story. Hopefully for the Bears they’re more right than you! 🍻 

I'm mean,  if Mustipher isn't starting then we've already made progress even if his ESPN stats are skewed significantly. It's a win. Lol

• Like 2