2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

A bit interesting that you aren't seeing Calvin Austin popping up on the top speed metrics...... kid is very small for the NFL, and a track guy, so I was kind of expecting to see him flashing more in that regard...

Harder to justify someone that size when you have numerous bigger bodies doing better from a flat speed standpoint, when speed was one of his bigger selling points...

That leaves him mostly with agility/change of direction and route running to separate himself.... anyone got info as to how he was doing in those areas?

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Malik Willis seems to be the standout at QB this week so far. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Think a team that can be patient with him and let him develop could end up having something pretty special.

He's the safest and highest upside QB in the draft. Because of his running, I think he can come in and be productive right away.

30 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's the safest and highest upside QB in the draft. Because of his running, I think he can come in and be productive right away.

Highest upside I agree with.  I think he is the least safe due to being the least developed in the mental aspects.  I honestly dont know if he knows how to go through progressions.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Highest upside I agree with.  I think he is the least safe due to being the least developed in the mental aspects.  I honestly dont know if he knows how to go through progressions.

We've seen running QBs have success despite not being advanced at reading defenses. Being a premier runner also typically means you're seeing vanilla zone coverage.

Having that extra skill also means there is less pressure to do the advanced stuff right away. It's another avenue for production.

Edited by Rich7sena

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

We've seen running QBs have success despite not being advanced at reading defenses. Being a premier runner also typically means you're seeing vanilla zone coverage.

Having that extra skill also means there is less pressure to do the advanced stuff right away. It's another avenue for production.

Yeah, but you have to have a certain level of processing ability and I've never seen him show that.  

13 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Highest ceiling and lowest floor.  I really would not call him the safest pick.  Corral might be the safest but Willis has the best potential of all the QBs in this draft.

• Like 1

How would you compare and contrast the skill set and projection for tight ends Jalen Wydermyer from Texas A&M and Jelani Woods from Virginia?

I am interested in how they both might project being used in a similar way as Travis Kelce, flex tight end for mismatches in the passing game.

Are there any other projected mid-round prospects that could fit this type of role?

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Highest ceiling and lowest floor.  I really would not call him the safest pick.  Corral might be the safest but Willis has the best potential of all the QBs in this draft.

Why do you think he has the lowest floor? His skills seem to most easily projectable/translatable (running ability and arm strength). What about Corral makes him safer? If anything, Corral is a lesser version of Willis, physically. I don't see anything in Corral's game that suggests he's more refined a player than Willis. If anything, I think Willis the more refined prospect.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Why do you think he has the lowest floor? His skills seem to most easily projectable/translatable (running ability and arm strength). What about Corral makes him safer? If anything, Corral is a lesser version of Willis, physically. I don't see anything in Corral's game that suggests he's more refined a player than Willis. If anything, I think Willis the more refined prospect.

Willis is a project.  He is inaccurate in his passing.  He has no touch on his throws.  Corral has good throwing mechanics.  Makes good reads.  Has adequate arm strength.  He has a higher floor than Willis but a lower ceiling.  There is not much to "fix" with Corral.

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Willis is a project.  He is inaccurate in his passing.  He has no touch on his throws.  Corral has good throwing mechanics.  Makes good reads.  Has adequate arm strength.  He has a higher floor than Willis but a lower ceiling.  There is not much to "fix" with Corral.

I guess we disagree on Corral. Corral looks to have pretty major accuracy issues on any throw that isn't a slant or post off of the RPO. He is especially inaccurate downfield. Also, given the limited nature of the offense, I don't really know how Corral will fit in a modern NFL scheme.