Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Really think you’re underrating Fields here. 

Think most offensive minds like Pederson, Caldwell, Byron, Moore, Hackett, etc. would be all about it. He has a ton of talent, just needs to be refined in some areas. Most of these coaches have massive egos and think if they get their hands on a guy they can bring out the best in them.

I totally agree.  In Fields' first start, he was put into the worst situation I've ever seen by Matt Nagy.  In a more stable situation, with some protection, and another wide receiver or two, I think Fields has the potential to be a very good NFL quarterback.

54 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

KC is going to be in cap hell soon and Reid doesn't have forever. 

Carr and the Raiders are still mostly a mess. 

LA is going to sink or swim with Staley, and it's honestly probably the former.

I feel good about Staley if they fix the defense, and make some improvements on ST. That’s assuming the offense is still humming.

28 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Maybe it’s me being scarred from dealing with Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson within the division the past 15+ years, but I’m avoiding going to a division with two top 5 QBs.

That’s why I’d be lower on the Broncos and the Raiders job to a degree (having Carr helps), than most if I was a coach choosing.

That's a good point.  You can compete against QB's of that caliber, but to do so, your team has to be better in just about every other area.  A great QB can make up for a lot of shortcomings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's a good point.  You can compete against QB's of that caliber, but to do so, your team has to be better in just about every other area.  A great QB can make up for a lot of shortcomings.

Yeah, it’s not like they’re completely unbeatable or anything. It just adds another hurdle to winning when you have a great/elite QB you have to play twice every year. And having two of those guys in the same division? No bueno.

It’s why I hated when the Jags got the #1 pick last year because I knew that meant dealing with Lawrence and Watson (two potential top 5 QBs down the line) for the next decade. Luckily, Watson demanded a trade and the off field stuff happened/came to light, so it looks like it’ll just be Lawrence we’ll be dealing with. 

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

The AFC West with two top 7 QBs is not remotely the easiest place to go to

I think Ronjon1990 is right here.  Denver QBs will compete directly against three below average (DVOAs - Raiders:17th, K.C.:24th, Chargers:26th) defenses twice each year while being spurred on by three of the NFL's top eight QBs (DYARs - Mahomes:4th, Herbert:5th, Carr:8th).  Bronco QBs will need to score a lot of points and will have the tools and environment in which to do so.  As you suggest, Fangio did well setting the table for a young franchise QB.

41 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, it’s not like they’re completely unbeatable or anything. It just adds another hurdle to winning when you have a great/elite QB you have to play twice every year. And having two of those guys in the same division? No bueno.

It’s why I hated when the Jags got the #1 pick last year because I knew that meant dealing with Lawrence and Watson (two potential top 5 QBs down the line) for the next decade. Luckily, Watson demanded a trade and the off field stuff happened/came to light, so it looks like it’ll just be Lawrence we’ll be dealing with. 

Yep.  It's definitely nice to see Watson leaving the division.

4 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I think Ronjon1990 is right here.  Denver QBs will compete directly against three below average (DVOAs - Raiders:17th, K.C.:24th, Chargers:26th) defenses twice each year while being spurred on by three of the NFL's top eight QBs (DYARs - Mahomes:4th, Herbert:5th, Carr:8th).  Bronco QBs will need to score a lot of points and will have the tools and environment in which to do so.  As you suggest, Fangio did well setting the table for a young franchise QB.

It is much much much easier for the other 3 to improve their Ds than it is to find a franchise QB, especially with Den D regressing being a fair assumption. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

It is much much much easier for the other 3 to improve their Ds than it is to find a franchise QB, especially with Den D regressing being a fair assumption. 

That D legitimately has a lot of talent though. Safe to assume losing Fangio will have an impact yes, but that defense (and overall roster outside of QB) should still be v good with competent coaching.

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That D legitimately has a lot of talent though. Safe to assume losing Fangio will have an impact yes, but that defense (and overall roster outside of QB) should still be v good with competent coaching.

Exactly, and it's a lot easier to find a QB for a New England than a Jacksonville.  Fangio has brought Denver much closer to the former than the latter.

48 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Yeah they have a ton of weapons with Jeudy, Sutton, Patrick, Fant, and Javonte Williams.

Interesting indeed. 

Brian Flores and Tua Tagovailoa once got into a shouting match in the locker room after a bad half from Tua. Tua said Flores "doesn't know how to talk to people." And Flores responded with the team needing "better f****ing play" from the QB.

Edited by notthatbluestuff