Which of these frustrate you the most?

biggie.

Which of these is most frustrating to you?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Spotty officiating
    • Pretentious analytics
    • Toxic fans
    • Other, Specify
    • Overcommercialization/overexposure

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

Pretentious analytics and it isn't even close. The officiating has always been average at best, you learn to live with it, but meme analytics is absolutely destroying these coaches minds. Take that Bears game last night as an example, off the top of my head they went for it atleast 3 times on 4th down in the redzone instead of kicking field goals and they lost by one score.

Why should we have to learn to live with shoddy officiating?  Bad calls and/or missed calls can effect the outcome of a game more than anything else in this poll.

Might technically fall under "toxic" fans, but I chose other with "fan hype" on my mind. 

To me, nothing is worse to listen to/debate than fans who hold onto what often amounts to reminiscing about a players college days and their "potential" well beyond the time to admit they just aren't top NFL material. 

If a guy is a bust, he's a bust. There are a lot of guys who are very close to being total busts that a lot of people still cling to based on their draft profile and/or a lone good season several years back. 

It's frustrating because it often details everything from critiquing a game to discussions about it draft. 

• Like 1

- Officiating

•  Lack of significant technological investment to facilitate better officiating or remove the human factor all-together.  
  • All plays not being reviewable (Should at least be reviewable by the league office in real time and overturn or impose calls as seen fit).  
  • Officials having little-to-no consequence (that I'm aware of) for doing a trash job.  

- Flacconetics:  DPI spot foul bailouts for huge chunks of yards.  

- No streaming package that would allow me to watch every game from select teams regardless of market, from anywhere and on any platform.  It's almost 2022, get with the damned program.  

32 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

When a play is challenged, the fact that everyone watching the game on TV can see clearly what happened within 10 seconds but it takes 10 minutes for the refs to figure it out.

The falls under the lines of officiating which is mostly everyone’s biggest issue.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Why should we have to learn to live with shoddy officiating?  Bad calls and/or missed calls can effect the outcome of a game more than anything else in this poll.

Refs are human, not robots. I dont expect them to regulate the game on a frame by frame basis like a lot of people do. It is what it is, I dont know how you can refine the process anymore than it already is. Also, I believe fans tend to blame refs for their team just not being good. I've never watched a team in my life that I thought was good just because they get referee assistance like some people believe.

28 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Might technically fall under "toxic" fans, but I chose other with "fan hype" on my mind. 

To me, nothing is worse to listen to/debate than fans who hold onto what often amounts to reminiscing about a players college days and their "potential" well beyond the time to admit they just aren't top NFL material. 

If a guy is a bust, he's a bust. There are a lot of guys who are very close to being total busts that a lot of people still cling to based on their draft profile and/or a lone good season several years back. 

It's frustrating because it often details everything from critiquing a game to discussions about it draft. 

Was there a particular player you had in mind that prompted this post? 

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Was there a particular player you had in mind that prompted this post? 

Not really, but I can think of a few. 

Quite a few Raiders fans are still hoping against all odds that Josh Jacobs is still somehow a top 10 RB in the league, based almost entirely off of his pretty solid rookie year. Any talk of him regressing because he's just not very good gets wiped away. 

Sam Darnold was defended beyond anything remotely reasonable. The excuse for him was "his tools".... despite being several years into the league. 

Some folks are inevitably still riding the Le'Veon Bell hype train despite him being irrelevant for longer than he was relevant now. 

We had some Raiders fans chest thumping guys like KJ Wright as a great pickup that was going to change our D, based on him being really good years ago.

Saquon Barkley was supposed to be the next great RB. For a plethora of reasons, he hasn't been. He is still probably salvageable, but there are people who want him ranked as a top 4-5 RB based almost entirely on what he hypothetically could do, not anything he's actually done. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The time we waste all season talking up dumb narratives that end up not even close to true. Stuff like the Chiefs are done, the Pats suck, the Cardinals are unstoppable, Shanahan is a terrible coach and should be fired, etc etc. Months later it turns out we know nothing. Sometimes I think fans should just shut their mouths all season and talk about football only from March to August. 

Excellent summary. I never understand the philosophy of watching every game and putting your opinion up for grabs based on subjective evaluation. Makes no sense whatsoever, unless determined to to be perpetually wrong.

Mostly that approach goes against everything I experienced in Las Vegas for 24 years. The sharpest guys in that environment didn't care about players and rarely watched the games. They certainly didn't ping pong opinion from month to month, let alone play to play. It was a logical systematic approach that pointed in the correct direction far more often than not.

Now that I don't live in Las Vegas anymore I've lost a bit of the teflon and do find myself succumbing to subjectivity from time to time. But I still retain the foundational aspects and they pay off. When there's a Dolphins thread asking, "Why are they so bad?" I respond that it's a Crowd team, not Crap team, and that Miami will win a ton of games the remainder of the season, and many by wide margin, to get the point differential back to logical status for a Crowd team. When there's a thread asking if the Chiefs will miss the playoffs I respond that it's a Cream team and the league is currently designed to allow quarterbacks like Mahomes to pull out one game after another.

Yes there will be mistakes. That's the goal. You're not trying to be correct every time. The subjective ping pong types are desperately trying to be correct every time but end up wasting so much energy to end up far below the systematic big picture approach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

I've learned to deal with them. My philosophy is you have 60 minutes to to make enough plays fo ensure things don't come down to a bad call.

Edited by biggie.