How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

All of the Lattimore talk aside, this has been a fantastic year for rookies all around the league. You have a lot of players who look like they can become future stars of the league and that's all anyone can ask for. A lot of good talent came out of this draft. 

Even if I do have a little Saints biased.;)

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

All of the Lattimore talk aside, this has been a fantastic year for rookies all around the league. You have a lot of players who look like they can become future stars of the league and that's all anyone can ask for. A lot of good talent came out of this draft. 

Even if I do have a little Saints biased.;)

well if  lattimore is that good and rasul douglas has played so well that just means that sidney jones will have to be great right?

that's accurate draft math right? lol

On 11/5/2017 at 4:53 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Alvin Kamara is something special. The game just looks too simple for him. So frickin’ smooth. 

:D 

I'm glad people are finally seeing in Kamara what I saw before the draft.  I actually had Alvin rated as my #1 RB throughout the entire process with an NFL comp of Marshall Faulk.  And man did I get grief for it.  Dudes kept attacking me asking how I could say a guy who was the backup at Tennessee for most of his career is the next Marshall Faulk and should be ranked ahead of Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey? 

Well I watched every snap Kamara played in college and saw the stuff he's doing right now in the NFL time and time again.  Alvin Kamara is a special player.  He's explosive with the ball in hands.  He's also tough to tackle with remarkable strength for a guy his size and even when a defender thinks he has him down, he has such phenomenal balance that he can get right back up and take it to the house.  Plus he has hands like a receiver.  Simply put the ultimate all around RB.

I predicted before the draft that he would have a season in the NFL where he has 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving.  I feel pretty good about him accomplishing this feat at some point in his career after seeing what he's done so far.

15 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm glad people are finally seeing in Kamara what I saw before the draft.  I actually had Alvin rated as my #1 RB throughout the entire process with an NFL comp of Marshall Faulk.  And man did I get grief for it.  Dudes kept attacking me asking how I could say a guy who was the backup at Tennessee for most of his career is the next Marshall Faulk and should be ranked ahead of Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey? 

Well I watched every snap Kamara played in college and saw the stuff he's doing right now in the NFL time and time again.  Alvin Kamara is a special player.  He's explosive with the ball in hands.  He's also tough to tackle with remarkable strength for a guy his size and even when a defender thinks he has him down, he has such phenomenal balance that he can get right back up and take it to the house.  Plus he has hands like a receiver.  Simply put the ultimate all around RB.

I predicted before the draft that he would have a season in the NFL where he has 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving.  I feel pretty good about him accomplishing this feat at some point in his career after seeing what he's done so far.

Probably not the best idea to toot your horn for having Kamara rated #1 when he has arguably been outplayed by Fournette, Cook, and Hunt. 

15 hours ago, VanS said:

Still a bit early. 

He’s not Faulk, and he’s not even outplaying Fournette or Hunt. 

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He wasn’t in their (Jaguars) top 4 options in the Draft (Myles, Solomon, Adams and Fournette) but could you imagine a secondary of Ramsey, Bouye and Lattimore. Oh my.

That would be nasty.

On 07/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, VanS said:

Kamara landed in the right place for his skill-set. He would have been wasted or relegated to a bit-part if he landed on an offense that didn't know exactly what to do with him. 

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Kamara landed in the right place for his skill-set. He would have been wasted or relegated to a bit-part if he landed on an offense that didn't know exactly what to do with him. 

Basically came in to say this. If Kamara goes to a different team, and the Saints draft Cohen. We would most likely more about Cohen and less about Kamara.

That is nothing against Kamara though. He went to a team who can use his skill set as it should be used, instead of a team which would try to turn him into a conventional back.

Archived