Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

Wow, just seen that our roster is currently decimated.

Right now we can only dress at most 42 players out of the required 48 needed for game day. We haven't promoted two PS game day actives yet. I'm sure we will get some players back from Covid Reserve by Saturday and we may add further PS Covid replacements which we've already done with Van Lanen.

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Relying on turnovers for the defense being good enough in the playoffs seems like a recipe for disaster 

He didn't say relying on turnovers/fumbles/interceptions .. he was just pointing out turnovers/interceptions are more important than what's being used in the formula and probably is true..

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Right now we can only dress at most 42 players out of the required 48 needed for game day. We haven't promoted two PS game day actives yet. I'm sure we will get some players back from Covid Reserve by Saturday and we may add further PS Covid replacements which we've already done with Van Lanen.

This is a terrible week to be decimated by Covid and lingering injury issues.  I will punch a wall if we get swept by the vike-pukes.  Just too much at stake this Sunday.

10 hours ago, Chili said:

Luckily no one but depth (Other then Bojo) has been hit with it yet. You can replace 6 - 10 snaps with PS guys. Just hope that no one of real importance comes down with it over the next couple days. 

46 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Luckily no one but depth (Other then Bojo) has been hit with it yet. You can replace 6 - 10 snaps with PS guys. Just hope that no one of real importance comes down with it over the next couple days. 

Well, Lewis AND Tyler Davis are out.  We better hope Dafney can come back, otherwise we are basically TE-less. 

15 hours ago, Malfatron said:

vikings win 42-31, but dallas loses earlier so it doesnt matter except for this year, the vikings win 2 superbowls instead of one

Actually, I think Dallas is rising and I pick them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Yes, I love our Packers and hate Dallas, but if I'm betting and putting emotions aside, I do not see them as making to the SB. Weakened OLine, shaky Run Defense, and terrible Special Teams does them in. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and eat crow.

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Actually, I think Dallas is rising and I pick them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Yes, I love our Packers and hate Dallas, but if I'm betting and putting emotions aside, I do not see them as making to the SB. Weakened OLine, shaky Run Defense, and terrible Special Teams does them in. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and eat crow.

Blasphemy!

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Blasphemy!

Haha. Yes it may be. But for the sake of maintaining at least one foot in realism, it helps to have at least one Black Hat in the room. Possible they make it to the SB? Yes, for sure. We hope so. But probable? I don't think so, unless, at very least, these three areas I mentioned show steady improvement (or maybe the +/- of Covid cases on each team is sizably in our favor.)