BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So Scoundrel made a good point, it might be hard to have a balanced schedule unless our Rivals are within oir division. This guarantees they are always on our schedule anyway.

@Scoundrel @Ragnarok @Jlash @MD4L @Blue @MWil23 @RTTRUTH @Whicker @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @EaglesPeteC @bcb1213 @RedGold @SirA1 @Pickle Rick @gopherwrestler @DingoLadd @LAOJoe @The Orca 

So Cancun/Raleigh

DVN/Flint are set

Who owns Raleigh? Besides Cancun going forward of course...

• Like 2

I’m not a big fan of personal rivalry week unless people wanted to extend the schedule. What’s stopping anyone from finding their easiest win possible? Do we change the opponent every year? How do we replace people leaving the league? 

Maybe for a preseason exercise on a discord chat or something would be better and viable long term.

21 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

My whole division is my rival technically. But especially that pesky Samsel who provided me the means to get Ja’Marr, Aidan Hutchinson, and Jameson Williams, traded me Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons, Kristian Fultn, Bradley Chubb, Brandin Cooks... all these guys want to beat up on their old team.

Seoul rolling in to Anchorage Week 3;

The Simpsons GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

My whole division is my rival technically. But especially that pesky Samsel who provided me the means to get Ja’Marr, Aidan Hutchinson, and Jameson Williams, traded me Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons, Kristian Fulton, Bradley Chubb, Brandin Cooks... all these guys want to beat up on their old team.

Yeah I don't mind doing like shorter write ups for every game for every game but I think with the rival ratings if I'm doing every single division game it might get a little overwhelming. I just don't want to overecommend myself in that regard. But I think at least it's something that can add a little fun to league.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I’m not a big fan of personal rivalry week unless people wanted to extend the schedule. What’s stopping anyone from finding their easiest win possible? Do we change the opponent every year? How do we replace people leaving the league? 

Maybe for a preseason exercise on a discord chat or something would be better and viable long term.

Yeah that's why scoundrel brought that up I agree with you I think that would overcomplicate things so I think it's best to highlight a couple games that being against a specific opponent within the division where we make a big deal about it. I think I will do a right up for all the division games for everybody but I will probably do maybe shorter ones for the regular non rivalry so to speak games and then do like a really big massive hype write-up for those Rivalry games