Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

😑

I wouldn’t say it’s decided there is no starters. We had a bunch of guys go on the COVID list on Monday, but some can get off before Saturday potentially. Nick also doesn’t seem like the type to rest guys, but maybe the call comes from above.

Also, I don’t like the idea of us sitting guys when the Cowboys have stated they are playing to win and playing their starters. Dallas is locked in after the close loss to the Cardinals. I don’t need us getting beat easily with 2nd and 3rd stringers. That isn’t good for morale going into Tampa or wherever.

I just really hope Miles can get back and we don’t have anyone important in COVID protocol a little less than 2 weeks from now.

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, I don’t like the idea of us sitting guys when the Cowboys have stated they are playing to win and playing their starters. Dallas is locked in after the close loss to the Cardinals. I don’t need us getting beat easily with 2nd and 3rd stringers. That isn’t good for morale going into Tampa or wherever.

I just really hope Miles can get back and we don’t have anyone important in COVID protocol a little less than 2 weeks from now.

Other then embarrassing Dallas with a loss, what's truly to gain by playing the Starters all game, seriously?

Why can't you treat this like a Preseason game, 2 or 3 series,  at most a 1/2, get em out and rested before a catastrophic injury possibly occurs before the most important game of the 2021 season?

I want the healthiest team possible for the WC matchup. This game means nothing seeding wise for us, let's be real.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Other then embarrassing Dallas with a loss, what's truly to gain by playing the Starters all game, seriously?

Both the Eagles and Cowboys could afford to still iron stuff out still and at least playing half the game or something to stay in rhythm and get ready for the playoffs. Both teams haven't been as consistent as they would like to be heading into the last week. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why can't you treat this like a Preseason game, 2 or 3 series,  at most a 1/2, get em out and rested before a catastrophic injury possibly occurs before the most important game of the 2021 season?

An injury can occur in practice. I get you want to minimize risk, but not playing could also have a negative effect going into the playoffs, but I agree with treating it like a preseason game. I would want to see at least one or two successful drives.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

An injury can occur in practice. I get you want to minimize risk, but not playing could also have a negative effect going into the playoffs, but I agree with treating it like a preseason game. I would want to see at least one or two successful drives.

I'm not endorsing sitting everyone from the jump but exactly that. 3rd Preseason type game where they play a 1/2 at most. If successful with their first 2-3 drives resulting in points 6-14, so be it. Pull them then.

Edited by Nabbs4u

There is no reason to play any of the veteran starters on Saturday. The Eagles have nothing to gain by doing so. Yes, players can get hurt in practice but they definitely WON'T on Saturday if they aren't playing. It absolutely reduces the risk of injury and allows them to get at least their veteran starters some much needed rest. Give Hurts the game off to help ensure that his ankle isn't a problem. The Eagles are being given the opportunity to have a bye week as a 7th seed, they ought to take advantage of it.

Cowboys forum wants them to forfiet the game rather then risk getting covid from Philadelphia. 😎

Funny how when we had similar concerns few weeks back and even last week going into that Cess Pool in Washington.  It was awe, they pushed it back, players won't forfiet game checks, ect, ect.

Wonder if Dallas fans would rather we play on Tuesday instead, you know for safety reasons? Have a short week going into WC? Funny how things change. 🖕😎

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is good news for them even if he doesn’t test out in time cause they couldn’t afford for him to get it in the playoffs and now he won’t have to test for 90 days or whatever it is.

Yeah but Dak, Lawrence,  Smith, Diggs... still out there? 😎 Kinda like Hurts and Slay for us. Kill Shot!!!!