Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Q Tarantino)

vike daddy

On 7/23/2019 at 6:59 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

Loved the movie, until the ending.

I’ll elaborate just so people know I’m not hating, I know QT likes to diddle with past events, but I feel like this one should have been left the way it was.

Edited by Manny/Patrick

On 7/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

I’ll elaborate just so people know I’m not hating, I know QT likes to diddle with past events, but I feel like this one should have been left the way it was.

You should put this as spoiler warning 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

solid film

think this might be my favorite Leo performance and Pitt was great too. I think the film could of been better off with about 20 minutes cut.I think his work misses Sally Menke editing.

yeah, Django was too long as well

I don't see how this movie could be his "masterpiece" that is absolute BS.  I have not see it but no way is it better than Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill etc.

What the Leo and Pitt characters go on a revenge killing spree against Charles Manson and take him down in this fantasy world?  I do not see where the movie could possibly go in terms of plot but I assume it might be that sadly, hopefully I am wrong.  Cool actors in it but again what is there to do, how will he tie in his violence outside of going to kill Charles Manson or something...

PS True Romance a movie Quentin wrote is crazy underrated, awesome film I think.

• Like 1

Loved the movie. Not his masterpiece, but with his filmography that's nothing to be ashamed of. I'd put it solidly middle of the pack out of his movies, yet I'd rate it 4.5 stars. Basterds is still his masterpiece for me, followed by Pulp Fiction which is the majority's opinion of his masterpiece. But this is 4th or 5th. Ending was really really satisfying and hilarious and while it was definitely a slow burn movie I loved it. Tarantino's slow burn has always worked for me though. 

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

This is a massively-hyped movie. Deserved? Yes and no. Full disclosure: Late 60's/early 70's LA is my favorite setting for movies. With that being said, the movie does a great job of putting you in that world, combining real life and fictional actors. And the movie is kinda QT's love letter to this period in the movie industry and the LA area in general. It really plods along, but since it's Leo and Brad, it's enjoyable plodding. The overall plot is ok, and I guess the ending is what everyone was really waiting for, which I guess was very QT-esque. Just don't expect an action-packed thrill ride. 

B+

• Like 1

I think I'm going to go and see this one today.  Looking forward to it.  It's strange because I really like QT's style of film making and can appreciate what he is trying to do in a lot of his movies.  What I find strange is that I normally haven't been all that excited about the finished product.  I want to love his movies but usually end up thinking most of them are just pretty average.  

• Reservoir Dogs - Extremely average, disappointing when you consider the quality of the cast.
  • Pulp Fiction - QT's best movie.
  • Jackie Brown - A snoozer.  The only good thing about this movie was Bridget Fonda, and she had a small part.
  • Kill Bill Vol 1 - Good, but not great.  A lot more style than substance.
  • Kill Bill Vol 2 - More of the same from Vol 1.  Meh.
  • Death Proof - Probably my second favorite work of QT.
  • Inglourious Basterds - Very disappointing.  I expected a lot more.  Two out of five stars.
  • Django Unchained - Some good performances, particularly by DiCaprio and Don Johnson.  I'm just not all that into westerns.
  • Hateful 8 - Again, a western.  I'm actually watching it right now.  It looks interesting so far.  Can't give a final verdict until it's over.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think I'm going to go and see this one today.  Looking forward to it.  It's strange because I really like QT's style of film making and can appreciate what he is trying to do in a lot of his movies.  What I find strange is that I normally haven't been all that excited about the finished product.  I want to love his movies but usually end up thinking most of them are just pretty average.  

• Reservoir Dogs - Extremely average, disappointing when you consider the quality of the cast.
  • Jackie Brown - A snoozer.  The only good thing about this movie was Bridget Fonda, and she had a small part.
  • Inglourious Basterds - Very disappointing.  I expected a lot more.  Two out of five stars.
  • Django Unchained - Some good performances, particularly by DiCaprio and Don Johnson.  I'm just not all that into westerns.
  • Hateful 8 - Again, a western.  I'm actually watching it right now.  It looks interesting so far.  Can't give a final verdict until it's over.

You need to stop watching QT or maybe just movies altogether. And Jackie Brown a snoozer? Please. There are many good things about that movie as far as performances: Grier, Jackson,  Forster, the entire mall scene, the dialogue between Cherry and Ordell and Ordell and Jackie specifically, and the music.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2019 at 7:28 PM, Ozzy said:

I don't see how this movie could be his "masterpiece" that is absolute BS.  I have not see it but no way is it better than Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill etc.

What the Leo and Pitt characters go on a revenge killing spree against Charles Manson and take him down in this fantasy world?  I do not see where the movie could possibly go in terms of plot but I assume it might be that sadly, hopefully I am wrong.  Cool actors in it but again what is there to do, how will he tie in his violence outside of going to kill Charles Manson or something...

PS True Romance a movie Quentin wrote is crazy underrated, awesome film I think.

It wasn’t a masterpiece, but that’s not at all what it’s about really.  Not his best movie, but still very good.  

True Romance was great, Gary Oldman killed it

On 7/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

Hide contents

I Feel that QT did this to give Sharon Tate and those people a happy ending. Anyone who knows Charles Manson already knows what happened.

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Dude Jackie Brown is a top 3 movie of his imo. 

• Like 3