The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Kripke said today that season 5 will be the last and that was always his plan. 

Then again that was his plan with supernatural too but CW kept it going another 10 years without him...

That's probably for the best, I think the cracks are already there a little bit.  Tell a completed story and use all the bullets in your gun and make it the best you can make it.  5 seasons is a good run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's probably for the best, I think the cracks are already there a little bit.  Tell a completed story and use all the bullets in your gun and make it the best you can make it.  5 seasons is a good run.

As long as they tell a complete story and it doesn’t feel rushed (looking at you game of thrones), I am cool with it. 

• Like 2

I think Amazon and the creator are fine with ending with season 5, because they'll still have Gen Z and other spinoffs..so we're not leaving that world anytime soon

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

Sage's "powers" are kinda weak but I'm sure they know what they're doing and I'll believe they do. And Frenchy just all of the sudden is on that side of the fence? Kinda came out of left field. 

Solid first episode, none the less. Looks like it's going to be a great season

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

7 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Is it me or did MM lose a lot of weight and looks older because of it?

Yeah, they even worked it into the show with multiple characters saying MM hasn't been eating enough.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sage's "powers" are kinda weak but I'm sure they know what they're doing and I'll believe they do. And Frenchy just all of the sudden is on that side of the fence? Kinda came out of left field. 

Solid first episode, none the less. Looks like it's going to be a great season

They hinted numerous times in the first 3 season that Frenchie was just a straight up deviant who swings every which way. This shouldn't be surprising. I don't like his storyline though. Feels forced just to give him something to do.

First 3 episodes are... fine. Still feels like we are treading water though, especially after the way last season ended.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

They hinted numerous times in the first 3 season that Frenchie was just a straight up deviant who swings every which way. This shouldn't be surprising. I don't like his storyline though. Feels forced just to give him something to do.

First 3 episodes are... fine. Still feels like we are treading water though, especially after the way last season ended.

I mean, I guess in hindsight, yeah, you could say that especially since he never really went hard after Kimiko. You are right it feels forced and is giving me The Acolyte vibes. Regardless, it's not important enough to ruin the show. 

I haven't watched beyond the first episode but if they try to make Sage the Tyrion Lannister of the show, it's going to fall very, very flat. I'm a little concerned about that part 

Still, with JDM being introduced and the show being what it is, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it very much

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Hopefully episode 4 ratchets up the action and intrigue. Previous seasons were steaks, and this is a pork chop so far. Give me more steak!

Mothers Milk definitely looks like he lost weight and beard.

Be interesting to see if Erin Moriarty's career tanks once season 5 is wrapped up. You never go full Lil Kim.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully episode 4 ratchets up the action and intrigue. Previous seasons were steaks, and this is a pork chop so far. Give me more steak!

Mothers Milk definitely looks like he lost weight and beard.

Be interesting to see if Erin Moriarty's career tanks once season 5 is wrapped up. You never go full Lil Kim.

Yeah she looks like different person compared to season 1.

And I really don't understand why, I mean I'm not trying to be judgemental or anything but she was an extremely beautiful woman...I just don't get why someone that beautiful would feel the need to have anything done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah she looks like different person compared to season 1.

And I really don't understand why, I mean I'm not trying to be judgemental or anything but she was an extremely beautiful woman...I just don't get why someone that beautiful would feel the need to have anything done.

She  was probably told by producers, executives she’s wasn’t pretty enough

• Like 1

Very up and down first 3 episodes. 

Not sure how they don't realize they have just about everything they need.  They have Sister Sage meeting with the three guys directly before they were murdered, video and photos of A-Train, Noir, and Deep going in and Homelander coming out directly after the timeframe the guys were murdered.

About the only really gripping things are Butcher trying to connect with Ryan, Starlight having at least some dirt to make her interesting, and I agree that the new talking Noir has probably been the funniest thing this season.