Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Just now, **** said:

I blame our ST first and foremost and then the Rodgers.  I will always love Rodgers for how amazing he has been on the field but it is time to move on especially if we can get value for him.   

This. I’m sure I’ll regret getting rid of him if we turn into the Lions, Browns or Bengals, but we clearly aren’t winning another super bowl with him, he doesn’t have it in the playoffs. I’d rather see if we can build a great team with a QB on a rookie deal than lose these playoff games every single year.

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Nathaniel Hackett has been getting HC interviews... do Packers fans think he is deserving of them? Is this a scheme issue, a roster composition issue, or both?

I don't think he's doing much more than drafting off of MLF and his offense.  I think he's a fine caretaker and a fine Pro coach.

I don't think he's a value add coach.  His upside I'd say is an offensive style poor man's Mike Vrabel.

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

As a massive, massive aaron rodgers fan, I am at complete peace with selling high

Just hope to god one of those three first rounders is worth a damn........We cannot Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders this.

Rodgers isnt going to play elsewhere. The packers went all in and hes happy with mgmt. He doesnt have the stamina for a revenge season.

14 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Hate to say it but AR12 was right to be pissed about the Jordan Love pick... Claypool, Pittman, Higgins all sitting there and if any one of them is on this team, you probably win this game

Ok, I liked two of your posts but you can go now. We have enough 'King Hindsights' around here. Special teams and ANOTHER sub par performance by Rodgers doomed us today. 

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

the offense was geared around these guys by design.  Because the other guys are effing bums!  MVS is a role player on a good team and he was out.  Lazard is a ST guy on a good offense.

He missed the throw to Adams against Norman.  Short armed it. To me, that was the biggest knock on Rodgers.

Otherwise you have to credit the defense for making plays and generating pressure and covering up the other bums.  They were in his face all game, and often got home.  They forced a fumble in the RZ GB was lucky to recover (and then they didn't get points from the fg block)

The one time he did escape the rush, he hits Deguara in the numbers and he drops it.  Nobody else is creating ANY throws in the time alloted to him by the defense/offensive line matchup.

Just a credit to SF this was a game that played right into their playstyle.  Rodgers just executed the game plan, and the 9ers were well prepared.  This is how the game was "supposed" to go because this is what the coaching staff and Rodgers determined was the best strategy.  And I think they were right to approach it this way!

Well, he may have had ESB breaking wide open on the yolo ball to Adams on what might be his last pass as a Packer.

And evidently Deguara was wide open in the middle when he tried to force it to Cobb before that.

The All 22 will be...interesting.

Just now, Leader said:

Matt LaFleur on Packers offense doing nothing after opening drive: "Obviously I didn't do a good enough job putting our guys in position to make plays. That's about it."

Kind of him to take the blame, but his HOF QB has to get us in plays that work and needs to ******* score some points. 

• Like 1

Well this was our last best shot.  It's doubtful we'll be able to get back into this position again.  Don't care what happens at this point.  Blow it up and rebuild.  Or try to bring back Rodgers but the team won't be near what it was this year.  So 5-12 season or 10-7 with Rodgers.  Doesn't matter to me.  Still always be a die hard fan but it might be quite awhile before we are relevant again.  

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

As a massive, massive aaron rodgers fan, I am at complete peace with selling high

selling high might have been last offseason.   1 year older and another early exit in the playoffs probably doesn't raise his value

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Matt LaFleur on Packers offense doing nothing after opening drive: "Obviously I didn't do a good enough job putting our guys in position to make plays. That's about it."

Gotta say something, I get that.... but that's still a warning sign, admitting to be terrible at adjustments in general.

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Not sure why he’d follow Rodgers after tonight beyond friendship and Adams’ friendship with Carr is a bit exaggerated. Not to mention he’s an (above?) average QB for a toxic franchise. Joe is looking like the real deal. 

He's not going to Cincinnati.  You can put money on that.