Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

5 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Rodgers isnt going to play elsewhere. The packers went all in and hes happy with mgmt. He doesnt have the stamina for a revenge season.

At this point, you have to release 2 of your top 3 pass rushers just to get the Packers under the salary cap along with a myriad of other moves.  And you want to retain Davante Adams, DaVondre Campbell, etc. and improve your team?  Not unless Rodgers takes a massive pay cut.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Rodgers issue going back to Day 1 is that he only throws to guys he trusts.  He doesn't trust Lazard to make the plays.  He doesn't throw it MVS consistently.  He fixates on Adams, and as soon as teams start rolling double coverage to him the offense breaks down.

I agree to an extent.  But he got 17 and 33 the ball, and that was clearly by design.  28, their 3rd best guy got hurt.

And MVS was out, and Cobb was clearly not playing full strength.

He trusts Lazard fine.  He threw it to him in a very key spot.  He's trusted him all season.  The reason he isn't making plays is because simply because he cannot make plays to get open.  SO, when no one is open, given the choice, Rodgers would rather take a shot to the guys who actually do make plays.

Edited by skibrett15

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Friend, most of your fellow posters are acknowledging that WR2 is your biggest weakness on offense. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, just making the observation that your 2020 first round could have been a contributor on this team. Don't take it personally, it's not.

WR#2 has been a massive hole, but our coach would rather have a quasi TE (Lazard) at the point of the attack on those zone runs. There has been a tradeoff for adopting LaFleur's system.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

I wish we do trade Rodgers at this point. Next year when we win 4 or 5 games with Jordan Love at the helm you guys will realize what frauds Lafleur and Gute are. I don't care what Lafleurs record is, he needs to go. Everyone in here knew that special teams was going to cost us and the man refused to do anything about it. The guy is going to be gone in 2 years anyways so we might as well go full rebuild now.

I'm gonna mark this as the overreaction of the year. LaFleur is not a fraud. I'll give you the special teams deal, and he should have fired the guy a long time ago. I also understand you don't fire coaches on a winning team in the middle of the season. Things often come unraveled when you do that. 

Now, if that coach isn't fired in the next week, we can start talking about him moving on. 

Gute? LOL! He's got more pro-bowl, all-pros on his roster than any team in the league. That was his doing for the most part. He's assembled a lot of talent. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I agree to an extent.  But he got 17 and 33 the ball, and that was clearly by design.  28, their 3rd best guy got hurt.

And MVS was out, and Cobb was clearly not playing full strength.

He trusts Lazard fine.  He threw it to him in a very key spot.  He's trusted him all season.  The reason he isn't making plays is because simply because he cannot make plays to get open.  SO given the choice, Rodgers would rather take a shot to the guys who actually do make plays.

The closest thing to trust outside of Jones and Adams is Marcedes Lewis, and after he coughed up the fumble he probably wasn't going back there again.  Rodgers does a LOT of things well, but trusting his receivers to make a play isn't one of them.  If you're arguing that Rodgers trusts Lazard, why didn't he get more then 1 target?  That's the same number as Marcedes Lewis and Josiah Deguara.