Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

This is not college ball. As craig points out, there have been numerous occasions this season when the run was obvious, the blocking was poor and AJD was stuffed for no gainers.  

He hasn’t dominated like he did in CFB, few of these guys do but we’ve seen him build steam and I have seen him completely make a play a positive one with yards after contact. Look at the SEA or LAR games to see him dominate even when they knew it was coming. Even the most elite backs have carries where they run into the wall and have a no gainer, but AJD is winning plenty of hard fought yards at the line of scrimmage.

For me, I’m waiting to see him get loose in the open field which usually comes by way of the short passing game in this offense. The few glimmers we’ve seen of that have been positive but I want him to start taking it up field into the secondary to put those quads into service. Remember young Lacy getting free in the secondary? The guy was a Tasmanian devil back there and DBs wanted no part of that. That’s the next step I want to see from Dillon. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

I don't get why people are down on AJ Dillon at all...

We had one of the worst offensive lines in the regular season that were buoyed by the elite QB and RB play.

Dillon was #1 (I believe) in successful run %.

He's like literally the best guy in the league vs stacked boxes and creating for himself.

*Edit:

Biggest offensive weakness: This offensive line is getting back All-Pro LT David Bakhtiari at the right time. The Packers’ group of big uglies wasn’t terrible this year, but it struggled to get consistent push up front and posted mediocre ranks in PFF run-blocking grade (No. 23) and yards before contact per attempt (No. 27). Luckily, A.J. Dillon provided plenty of juice throughout the season: He gained at least 2.0 yards after contact on a league-high 78% of his carries.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There is a chance Fred Warner plays I'm sure, but there is 0% chance that healthy Fred Warner plays. That was a non-contact leg injury that looked like cause significant pain. He wanted to come back in because he had some mad adrenaline flowing, as someone who had their fair share of ankle sprains, the morning after is significantly worse than the moments after "walking it off."

Weird that he didn't even reach for his ankle ... kept grabbing at the back of his knee.  I wonder if he wrenched it a bit as well?

Interesting stats on Deebo. Niners didn't use him as a RB until week 10, so it was not a threat we faced our first matchup.

In the first 3 games San Fran utilized him by giving him carries he averaged 6.3 carries for 63 yds (9.5 ypc). Then it seems defenses adjusted. In the next 5 games to finish out the year he averaged 6.8 carries for 32 yds (4.8 ypc).

• Like 1

Green Bay Gazette -  Packers fans breaking out their Cheesehead hats for the team's playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday should also bundle up in their warmest green and gold if they plan to attend.

Temperatures are expected to dip into the teens well before the NFC divisional game kicks off at 7:15 p.m. at Lambeau Field, with wind chills near zero, according to Scott Berschback, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Green Bay.

Daytime temperatures, with highs expected to be in the lower 20s, will be accompanied by winds from the west between 10 and 20 mph throughout the day. By the evening, the temperatures will drop into the lower teens, with winds from the northwest around the same speed and the occasional 20 mph gusts.

There's a 30% chance of snow, too, which may affect road conditions throughout the day and evening, according to the National Weather Service.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Interesting stats on Deebo. Niners didn't use him as a RB until week 10, so it was not a threat we faced our first matchup.

In the first 3 games San Fran utilized him by giving him carries he averaged 6.3 carries for 63 yds (9.5 ypc). Then it seems defenses adjusted. In the next 5 games to finish out the year he averaged 6.8 carries for 32 yds (4.8 ypc).

As Aiyuk became more utilized in the passing game, Deebo was utilized more various ways.  

SF has some nice options/weapons on offense with Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, Mitchell, Jennings

• Like 1

So riddle me this, the 9ers have been using Kittle sparingly as of late.  He was barely targeted yesterday - 3 targets for 1 catch - and over the past four games he’s only had a handful of both.  So what’s going on, is he injured or something?  Coincidentally (or not), as Kittle’s numbers have been dropping, Debo’s numbers have been going up.

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

His final 6 games are a bit inflated too, as he was able to rack up big numbers vs. the Jags and Vikings.

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Packers need to approach this game just like they did against Minnesota. I know Jimmy isn't as bad as Mannion, but you have to trust Douglas, Stokes and Jaire on the backend, give them less help, and go heavy on the front 7 to stop Mitchell and Samuel. Force the Niners to throw the ball. 

We sacked Jimmy 4 times in the first game and that was without Z and Mercilus, plus Gary was only starting to get going. As long as the Packers don't get totally pushed around at the LOS , I actually think our defense could dominate this game. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers need to approach this game just like they did against Minnesota. I know Jimmy isn't as bad as Mannion, but you have to trust Douglas, Stokes and Jaire on the backend, give them less help, and go heavy on the front 7 to stop Mitchell and Samuel. Force the Niners to throw the ball. 

We sacked Jimmy 4 times in the first game and that was without Z and Mercilus, plus Gary was only starting to get going. As long as the Packers don't get totally pushed around at the LOS , I actually think our defense could dominate this game. 

Z and especially Mercillus are not a given, I would love them both to come back healthy and hungry but that remains to be seen. Our front 7 will be working all game and it would be great to see them dominate. KC has just steadily been a force for us all year.  This would be a great time for him to shift into the next gear and just ruin everyone’s day on their line.