Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'd take Sulli over King easily

Both have weaknesses in coverage that have been been exposed in big games. My primary concern with King is his speed. If I was an opposing OC - I'd try to isolate King on somebody with wheels who I'd send flying downfield.  King's strong suit ISNT keeping up.  I think King's better in coverage of routes over the middle etc than Sullivan is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why? Is it because he can't tackle or because he can't cover? I'm wildly interested in your reasoning. 

He CAN tackle and he can bring some power. Plus he has a lot more help on the inside when he decides to go all shoulder tackley.  He definitely has reps where he eats up routes as well. 

Were no longer comparing King vs CB1 its now king vs CB4. I know it's super fashionable to bury King but theres things you can get out of him other people still cant do.

Not to say he cant fail miserably as a tweener but I find it very intriguing.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 3

I agree with HighC, that King inside is interesting. 

• I don't imagine I'd try to have him replace Sullivan.  Sullivan is bigger and is a good tackler, and Sullivan knows what he's doing and is generally pretty smart.  Sullivan is a good player.  So I don't think there's much likelihood that Sullivan is going to lose a lot of snaps.  
  • But King is tall and long.  Harder to throw over in the middle, and his wingspan makes a difference. 
  • I think he's a pretty willing tackler. 
  • I think on the edge he's been vulnerable to quick-and-fast guys, which makes him vulnerable to deep stuff, which makes him tend to play soft coverage to avoid that.  His vulnerability to deep stuff makes him vulnerable to short stuff.  But inside, with safety coverage behind him, he needn't worry so much about deep stuff, and he needn't play soft and off and be vulnerable to short stuff.  So I think he's got capacity to be pretty useful there.   

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Both have weaknesses in coverage that have been been exposed in big games. My primary concern with King is his speed. If I was an opposing OC - I'd try to isolate King on somebody with wheels who I'd send flying downfield.  King's strong suit ISNT keeping up.  I think King's better in coverage of routes over the middle etc than Sullivan is.

I didn't think Sullivan usually played outside anyway.  I also feel like he could tackle slightly better than King

2 hours ago, craig said:

I agree with HighC, that King inside is interesting. 

• I don't imagine I'd try to have him replace Sullivan.  Sullivan is bigger and is a good tackler, and Sullivan knows what he's doing and is generally pretty smart.  Sullivan is a good player.  So I don't think there's much likelihood that Sullivan is going to lose a lot of snaps.  
  • But King is tall and long.  Harder to throw over in the middle, and his wingspan makes a difference. 
  • I think he's a pretty willing tackler. 
  • I think on the edge he's been vulnerable to quick-and-fast guys, which makes him vulnerable to deep stuff, which makes him tend to play soft coverage to avoid that.  His vulnerability to deep stuff makes him vulnerable to short stuff.  But inside, with safety coverage behind him, he needn't worry so much about deep stuff, and he needn't play soft and off and be vulnerable to short stuff.  So I think he's got capacity to be pretty useful there.   

I just better not ever see him matched up on Amari Cooper or Mike Evans ever again!!

• Like 1

King and Sullivan have flaws, all defensive backs do They become more pronounced as you move to nickel and dime backs

Fans are terrible judges of Defensive backs skills and talent. Philadelphia fans bitched about Douglas all the time and he was cut for giving up big plays and inconsistency. Hell Packer fans used to ***** about Casey Hayward, though few will admit it after he left and became an All Pro

King is not slow. For comparison sake.

King at combine 4.43 40, 3.89 20 yd. shuttle 

Sullivan at combine 4.6 40, 4.36 20 yd. shuttle

Douglas at combine 4.59 40, 4.26 20 yd. shuttle

Alexander at combine 4.36, 3.98 20 yd. shuttle

2 hours ago, BAM said:

King and Sullivan have flaws, all defensive backs do They become more pronounced as you move to nickel and dime backs

Fans are terrible judges of Defensive backs skills and talent. Philadelphia fans bitched about Douglas all the time and he was cut for giving up big plays and inconsistency. Hell Packer fans used to ***** about Casey Hayward, though few will admit it after he left and became an All Pro

King is not slow. For comparison's sake.

Yes and no. Each spot comes with challenges and ways to approach those challenges.

Fans without 22 have nothing to go off of other than broadcast narrative and the big plays. It is what it is. Soooo they were right? If people were bitching about Casey to my recollection it was about injury problems not his play, at least not around here. At worst people questioned his ability to play outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BAM said:

Fans are terrible judges of Defensive backs skills and talent. Philadelphia fans bitched about Douglas all the time and he was cut for giving up big plays and inconsistency. Hell Packer fans used to ***** about Casey Hayward, though few will admit it after he left and became an All Pro

King is not slow. For comparison sake.

King doesn’t run anywhere close to that now. Too many injuries.