Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, smart move for insurance. 

Frankly this could open the door for GB to look at Bakh-Runyan-Myers-Turner-Kelly as the starting 5. May be the best combo anyways even though Patrick has worked his *** off. 

Personally think this weakens two positions. Leave Turner at RT and either Newman or Patrick at RG. 

When do they Usually announce the schedule? I know when they had 2 teams with a Bye, they'd announce which time slot each of the 4 teams had. I Can't remember what they did last year. Basically just wanna know which of the 4 time slots we're gonna be. Preferably late Saturday or Sunday

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Personally think this weakens two positions. Leave Turner at RT and either Newman or Patrick at RG. 

Kelly and Turner are basically the same player at RT. Kelly has settled in and been solid the last few weeks. So that's a wash. The question is do you think Patrick is one of top 5 guys? It's not like Turner can't play OG, he's very familiar with the position. Just comes down to your top 5. I'm fine either way. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Kelly and Turner are basically the same player at RT. Kelly has settled in and been solid the last few weeks. So that's a wash. The question is do you think Patrick is one of top 5 guys? It's not like Turner can't play OG, he's very familiar with the position. Just comes down to your top 5. I'm fine either way. 

They're really not. 

Not even close in fact. 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They're really not. 

Not even close in fact. 

You're acting like I'm comparing Turner to Ben Braden. Here are the pass blocking metrics from last season:

Turner has been damn good this year don't get me wrong. 12 was stumping for him for PB consideration before his injury. But Kelly has been good the last 3 weeks there as well, so again, the better question is whether the right side as a whole is better with Turner-Kelly or Patrick-Turner? I expect the Packers to go with the latter, but I think you have that conversation depending on how you feel about Patrick. 

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Ok .. who is your starting lineup then?  Curious .. really.  I want the best 5 playing period.   

Bakhtiari-Runyan-Myers-Patrick-Turner

Patrick/Newman in a vacuum is something I might struggle with, but considering the age of the rest of the interior, give me the savvy vet over the slightly better drive skills and physical profile who too frequently misses assignments.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You're acting like I'm comparing Turner to Ben Braden. Here are the pass blocking metrics from last season:

Turner has been damn good this year don't get me wrong. 12 was stumping for him for PB consideration before his injury. But Kelly has been good the last 3 weeks there as well, so again, the better question is whether the right side as a whole is better with Turner-Kelly or Patrick-Turner? I expect the Packers to go with the latter, but I think you have that conversation depending on how you feel about Patrick. 

Our offense has essentially gone completely away from any kind of 5 step drop since Jenkins went down, and we're running the **** out of the ball on 2nd and long to avoid facing any kind of pressure package.

There's a reason we're using so many of the playfake rollouts for our deep shots, that we're running a billion single read route concepts to Adams, and MVS isn't getting any targets. LaFleur is calling this offense to hide his Tackles, and he's doing a masterful job of it, but with Bakhtiari and Turner back, it's time to kick the training wheels off the offense and let it rip. 

Also, if Kelly was playing that well, why the hell did the Titans pay him 3.5 million to go away when his cap number to keep him was only 6.5 to begin with?

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Turner has been really really good at RT... I don't think you take him away from that. You saw his reaction when he got hurt. The dude is a player, and I want that back at the position he was rocking.

I agree with this, providing that Turner can show he’s past his injury these next few weeks in practice. He generally has good feet and although elite speed guys sometimes get a jump on him, I’d think they would get an additional step on the old warhorse Kelly. Kelly is a massive and tall human even by NFL standards, he’s done a great job filling in but I think BT is the superior tackle when healthy. 

Don’t know if people saw Aaron’s interview. He said Bak told him he wasn’t going to play because 12 has been getting the ball out so quickly in his absence and didn’t want him to get back to hanging out back there. Aaron said just come play and he’ll deal it. On one drop back where Aaron rolled out, then in, then out again he said Dave gave him the WTF? look on the way back to the huddle. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2