Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I feel sick every time I see Hasty about to return a KO. 

I'm glad SF is still in the fight. I have been hard on the team and Jimmy, but have also felt like once IN the playoff fight, truly anything can happen. 

Will be a fun weekend. :) 

The gap in performance has been massive. Our floor has been pretty low but when at our ceiling we can beat anyone. Will be interesting to see though.

Tough loss but the Seahawks are always a tough matchup for us, we were missing several stars, and lost more key players during the game 

My confidence level was not high for this game, still a painful loss as it was very winnable. Again the dumb mistakes doomed us 

Onto Cinci. I have us winning that game and ending up 10-7 and sixth seed overall, with a loss to the Titans on the road and on a short week

My prediction on page 42 of the 2nd Seahawks GDT December 5th 2021

My prediction now - beat Cowboys, Packers, Bucs, Titans to be SB champs. Jimmy G has a Flacco/Eli/Foles type playoff run

Trade Jimmy G to the Broncos for a 2022 2nd & 2023 1st. Week 2 SNF - 49ers vs Broncos, Lance vs Jimmy G (they're on our road schedule next season)

Too crazy?

(I might be several whiskeys deep tonight)

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Making Sermon active doesn't make much sense. Not a STs contributor and he's not a better pass blocker than Hasty. Heck, even Wilson doesn't get any carries when Mitchell plays. 

Agreed. We had to activate him today or lose him for the season. He won't be active on Sunday, and that's ok. He may not be healthy yet. 

He is basically a hedge against injury at this point. 

Hopefully Elijah can handle the work load of a deep playoff run. If not, sermon will probably get a shot 

I like hasty, but he isn't an every down back, plus who else will return kicks? JWjr is my guy, but they havent really leaned on him like they did last year and they are obviously worried about his work load.  

Sermon is a physical specimen and will have fresh legs. He hasn't taken many hits this year so he could absolutely provide some pop for us at that spot, if needed 

Crazy how hard we ride Mitchell each week. Imagine having mostert on this team. Freaking dirty play by that lions defender to alligator roll him well after the play was over. Smh. 

I've pretty much been indifferent towards this Niner team ever since the Colts loss. Mentally, I was not gearing up for a potential playoff run tbh. Especially after that trainwreck of a loss to the Titans. 

That being said, we're here AND it's the Cowturds. Can't help but be hyped for this one.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

With the 49ers/Cowboys game on the horizon, and the 40th anniversary of The Catch in full swing, I've decided to provide some nostalgia fuel for all of you gold plated goblins out there via the personal archives. First up, the full 90 minute (2 parts) version of the NFL Films The Timeline: A Tale of Two Cities documentary that aired a few years back chronicling the history between the 49ers and Cowboys. Can't find this one on YouTube as of now. Here is the MEGA link. Expires in a week. Assuming this is ok with the boss hogs, have at it. 

https://mega.nz/folder/IAtwiA5S#sQOXoRxpHiAguTmojTqZdg

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

16 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I feel sick every time I see Hasty about to return a KO. 

I got a solution. If we don't give up any point, we only have to return a kickoff once a game. Just let it go into the endzone for a touchback.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I think the both teams are evenly matched. It will be a toss up and might truly just be whoever has the ball last. 

Yeah, the talent level for both teams is pretty insane. The Cowboys have the better QB but if Jimmy can play a clean game, then it's really a toss up.

Will be interesting to see how many carries Zeke gets and if they go in another direction if he starts out getting stuffed. 

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

As for a prediction, at this point how can one not go in guns blazing as a homer? It's the 40th anniversary of The Catch. I need the squad to come out on top I'll say 31-17. Dallas gets smacked at home in a shocker. 

IDK that it would be a shocker.   For a 12 win team,  we haven't beaten many good teams.  We have talent out the wazoo, but talent doesn't always equate to being the better team.

19 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

You stop it by running at it.  

Of course, but we will still have to pass around 30 or so times. If Trent does not play, it's going to get very ugly on the edges. Kittle will have to stay in more to block and that takes away a key weapon in the passing game. 

This is why I laugh when people say this is a bad match up for the Cowboys...I mean it's also a bad match up for the Niners lol.

Cowboys pass rush is ridiculously good and the Niners OL is not great at pass blocking, especially without Trent.

Jimmy turns the ball over at a high clip and the Cowboys are the best at taking the ball away.

On the other hand, the Cowboys are not great at stopping the run and the Niners with Deebo/Mitchell have been able to run on every single team. 

When you have two good teams, this is what happens....Weaknesses will be exploited by both sides and the game will be very tight coming down to the wire. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, the talent level for both teams is pretty insane. The Cowboys have the better QB but if Jimmy can play a clean game, then it's really a toss up.

Will be interesting to see how many carries Zeke gets and if they go in another direction if he starts out getting stuffed. 

I think Pollard will get more runs on the edges and balls thrown to him than Zeke.