NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

5 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

The ref was well behind Dak at the start of the play, where he should be. Dak took off immediately, and is much quicker than said ref.  Ref is running down to wear the ball needs to be spotted, but Dak and the center, instead of standing out of the way so the ref can do his job, are standing in position ready to snap the ball instead.  The ref is shoving his way through Dak and the center so he can spot the ball as quickly as possible.  It was either that or run around the entire OL, which would have drained even more time.  Neither Dak or the center should have their hands on the ball at this point, and yet they do, slowing the process down.  It is 100% on the Cowboys. 

Dallas literally did the hard work for him and they were all set ready to go. Even then the ref had the ball with 3 seconds even after he knocked it around. Should have been enough time. I was shocked they didn’t get that play off. Watching it live I wasn’t even nervous about it. It was handled poorly, and if nothing else the official was the one who was flustered and just bumbled things around enough to have it go badly. 

4 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Shanahan did it multiple times today and infamously did it during the greatest super bowl meltdown of all time

I’m also not convinced that it was even that bad of a call. I think Dak probably extended the play longer than he was supposed to. It was ballsy, and it didn’t pay off, but I don’t think it was anything too derpy.

but yeah, plenty of OCs who get scapegoated in playoff games end up getting HC jobs afterwards anyway, because NFL front offices aren’t as reactionary as forums and subreddits. Who would’ve thought

It was pretty derpy when you're already in position to throw a hail mary and have like 4+ 49ers playing the sidelines.

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

Definitely Dak too.

If that's the play call, Dak has to recognize he can't do that. At the very least he can't make THAT throw.

I Actually just re watched that scene over and over again.

As soon as the ball is snapped and in Dak's hands he takes off.

A few questions:

Had he already made up his mind that he is going to run?
Was it called that way?
Or was it called to just scramble to the first down and than go down....

If he would have gotten down right after getting past the first down marker they might have had two shots...