NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was my issue as well. One crack at a 25 yard TD just doesn't seem like a worthwhile effort. I could be wrong though

Additionally we just saw how effective the PI ball is when the Raiders thrashed us with it. After our team was quoted saying they were going to put it in the playbook. 

Where was it? Flacco won a dang superbowl with it. Not even going to try it once and test the incompetence of the refs?!?

Frustrating.

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I just don’t know that I can agree.

Then you don't understand the rules. Find me a single play in the NFL where the team set the ball (not the ref).

This isn't open to interpretation. It's black and white.

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I understand the ref needed to have the ball, but Dallas more or less did the hard part for them.

Incorrect - they actually made it MUCH harder by placing the ball down and getting set. You're asking a 5' 9" 200 LB ref to run through an offensive line and a big QB to get to the ball to set.

By lining up, they made the job much harder - they blocked him from the ball.

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Maybe they should have tossed him the ball

Not a "maybe" they absolutely have... as they have for every single play this season.

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

but it just seemed like it became a frazzled mess when it did not need to be regardless of how Dallas got set up. 

It could have been avoided if they didn't try to set the ball - I have no dog in this fight and I know you're probably in a bad place on this loss, but this is part of the process on every single play in football.

Why should this play should be the exception?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you always form all your opinions based on what the announcers say? 

Just my opinion, but I would advise against that as a rule of thumb. They are speaking to the lowest common denominator 99% of the time. 

Yeah, Cowboy fans.

The Office Boom GIF

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

The only reason you don't agree is because the rule burnt your team.  If it was the other way around, you wouldn't be complaining about in the slightest.  But the reality is that Dak of all people should have known the rule, and he chose to try and spot the ball himself.

That's when you appreciate guys like Larry Fitz. If you go back and watch Fitz in 2 minute drills, he always grabs the ball and hands it directly to the ump. That's how you save time. Not by spotting it yourself

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The biggest thing is that you guys have shelled out against the pass while allowing for the run. So something will give. I'm not sure where it ended up, but at one point late in the season you guys were worst in the NFL in EPA allowed on a per rush basis, but best in the NFL in EPA on a drop back basis against the pass. 

Ultimately, I suspect that you guys put more effort against the run and make Jimmy win, which is the right call

yes, getting Jaire back will hopefully allow us to stack the box.  we'll see on Sunday.  I wouldn't be surprised if the niners run all over the packers one bit.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's when you appreciate guys like Larry Fitz. If you go back and watch Fitz in 2 minute drills, he always grabs the ball and hands it directly to the ump. That's how you save time. Not by spotting it yourself

It's just baffling to me that we see players do this multiple times a week, probably every game if you count the end of the 1st half too... then the one time the players don't do the thing they always do it's the refs fault?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The biggest thing is that you guys have shelled out against the pass while allowing for the run. So something will give. I'm not sure where it ended up, but at one point late in the season you guys were worst in the NFL in EPA allowed on a per rush basis, but best in the NFL in EPA on a drop back basis against the pass. 

Ultimately, I suspect that you guys put more effort against the run and make Jimmy win, which is the right call

Game script probably factors in.  

Both teams benefit from playing with a lead.  

SF leading sets up the run game and allows the playcalling to be balanced.  GB can get a bit pass happy if trailing.

GB leading helps the defense as teams often need to play into GB ability to defend the pass vs run

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Or you can be chase Claypool and signal first down, so your teammate has to try to extract the ball from your celebrating hands, cause a bumble and precious seconds.  That's new age analytics!!!

• Like 2