NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is Dak injured? He honestly looked off last night, like very minimal zip on his throws.

Was this question asked at any point of the Eagles game just a week prior? Dude got hit like 14 times, he was definitely feeling the pressure and was thrown off by the rush. 

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

How about those Cowboys? Dak encouraging fans to throw things at the refs. Dak blaming those refs for his own stupidity. McCarthy also blaming refs for his own stupidity. Why take any responsibility when you can just deflect the blame towards the refs? 

The Cowboys were upset with the officiating throughout the game. They were penalized 14 times, a postseason franchise record, for 89 yards. Dallas entered Sunday as the most penalized team in the NFL.

Shouldn't be a surprise they had so many then, right?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33083093/had-problem-getting-ball-spotted

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was this question asked at any point of the Eagles game just a week prior? Dude got hit like 14 times, he was definitely feeling the pressure and was thrown off by the rush. 

The pressure definitely effected him, no doubt. But there were just a lot of passes that lacked velocity, imo. He missed guys wide open a few times and had a bunch of balls bounce off the turf nowhere near the receiver. He looked like he did week 1 against Tampa, like his arm strength just wasn't there. A ton of credit for the 49ers getting after him all game and that definitely played a huge role in his struggles. I am just saying that to me even when he had a clean pocket his arm strength just looked off.

Edited by NYRaider

This is getting lost with the last play call but this had to be as bad of a way to lose the momentum of converting a fake punt as I could imagine.   To take 40 secs off the clock and a delay of game penalty was beyond ridiculous.   You’re down 16 with 12 minutes to go. The time and down / yards matter way more.  

• Like 3

Are we not going to talk about CeeDee Lamb still moving while the official is touching the ball? He BARELY gets back in time before the spike. If the official goes any quicker, Lamb is called for offsides/illegal motion and the 10 second run off ends the game regardless.

The idea that the Cowboys "should have gotten one more chance" is ridiculous and purely salt from an upset fanbase trying to justify a TERRIBLE playcall. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Are we not going to talk about CeeDee Lamb still moving while the official is touching the ball? He BARELY gets back in time before the spike. If the official goes any quicker, Lamb is called for offsides/illegal motion and the 10 second run off ends the game regardless.

The idea that the Cowboys "should have gotten one more chance" is ridiculous and purely salt from an upset fanbase trying to justify a TERRIBLE playcall. 

Nobody on the entire offensive line was set when the ref first got to the ball lol

the cowboys were playing like they still had a solid 15 seconds left

10 minutes ago, Soggust said:

And when the ref re-spotted the ball, I don't think they all moved back. Not sure if they were already behind the LOS, but I thought one or two of them just stayed put. 

What I don't get is people getting mad at the ref moving the ball when the freaking center spotted the ball a full two yards from where it should have been. Even the ref didn't spot it correctly because Dak started to slide before the 25 yard line and the ball was a half yard over the 25 yard line. Just terrible execution and play call. Why not just throw it to the WR there and pick up the same amount of yards? They would have had the numbers advantage and would have been able to get out of bounds by the 30 yard line.

But let's not ignore how stupid it was for Shanny trying to get cute on the QB sneak and having Trent motion to the other side. That was no unnecessary and the game should have ended right then and there. SMH, both coaches left a lot to be desired in the final moments of the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And when the ref re-spotted the ball, I don't think they all moved back. Not sure if they were already behind the LOS, but I thought one or two of them just stayed put. 

What I don't get is people getting mad at the ref moving the ball when the freaking center spotted the ball a full two yards from where it should have been. Even the ref didn't spot it correctly because Dak started to slide before the 25 yard line and the ball was a half yard over the 25 yard line. Just terrible execution and play call. Why not just throw it to the WR there and pick up the same amount of yards? They would have had the numbers advantage and would have been able to get out of bounds by the 30 yard line.

But let's not ignore how stupid it was for Shanny trying to get cute on the QB sneak and having Trent motion to the other side. That was no unnecessary and the game should have ended right then and there. SMH, both coaches left a lot to be desired in the final moments of the game.

cowboys.png

This screenshot is BEFORE Lamb takes TWO STEPS back onside. 

For Cowboys fans to suggest that we were waiting on the ref is a joke. 

26 minutes ago, Soggust said:

cowboys.png

This screenshot is BEFORE Lamb takes TWO STEPS back onside. 

For Cowboys fans to suggest that we were waiting on the ref is a joke. 

The refs even allowed the Cowboys an extra yard. The sideline judge  showed that ball should be placed at the 25 yard line... the Cowboys tried to spot it at 23. The ref placed ball at 24... so the refs even incorrectly placed the ball trying to allow Cowboys a shot. It was their own dumb fault. The coaches should be fired. Would you rather take 2 shots from 40 yards out out 1 shot from 25 yards out. Im taking the first option... it allows multiple opportunities. With the QB draw best you can hope for is for one miracle play. But if you tooke shots from 40 yardline they may have had 2 or even 3 attempts at endzone

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Throwing crap at your own players <<< booing Santa 60 years ago.

Good thing the stadium was 40% 49ers fans or some Cowboys may have been hurt.

I mean, at least BUF fans come prepared with their own "equipment", and throw it at the other team.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

This is getting lost with the last play call but this had to be as bad of a way to lose the momentum of converting a fake punt as I could imagine.   To take 40 secs off the clock and a delay of game penalty was beyond ridiculous.   You’re down 16 with 12 minutes to go. The time and down / yards matter way more.  

I was shaking my head at that in real time. MM galaxy-brained that one.

It result in them not converting the resulting 1st and 15 and settling for a FG.

They don't do that, and get a TD on that drive instead and it's 23-21 at end of the game potentially instead.

Whoops

Edited by incognito_man