Playoff Chat: and now The Bowl

vike daddy

Can we stop with calling Mahomes the second coming? He crumbled today. Yes he is elite, don't get me wrong, but he throws to a wide open Kelce and Hill and they do the work. Although I do recognize he can make throws when he needs to.... However, the announcers also contribute to this. For example, he dumped off a pass to McKinnon today and Nanz and Romo just praised him nonstop for it and didn't get of his jock. He scrambles or a 3 yard gain, and its always the best play they have ever seen. It was satisfying when Romo said, "It looks like he just put on his cape!", and then proceeded to almost throw a pick 6 and then threw a pick. 

26 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Can we stop with calling Mahomes the second coming? He crumbled today. Yes he is elite, don't get me wrong, but he throws to a wide open Kelce and Hill and they do the work. Although I do recognize he can make throws when he needs to.... However, the announcers also contribute to this. For example, he dumped off a pass to McKinnon today and Nanz and Romo just praised him nonstop for it and didn't get of his jock. He scrambles or a 3 yard gain, and its always the best play they have ever seen. It was satisfying when Romo said, "It looks like he just put on his cape!", and then proceeded to almost throw a pick 6 and then threw a pick. 

He seemed to really want to play the hero.  Took a huge loss on a sack by scrambling for 30 seconds at the end of regulation

54 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Curious, why do you care? I really only care about the games. I am much calmer now. Like, I listen to music, not announcers. Or, often, just silence. 

As for the game, I missed nearly the whole second half, so I'm still confused..... As to how that happened.

42 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Another team might pass us in the trophy case. But I’m ok with that

But, if they lose, they'll take one step closer to tying us.  That's the way I look at it.  Then it opens up the possibility of Vikings-Bengals to go along with the VIkings-Bills Super Bowl, which I've been waiting for.  

7 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

So either we lost to the Super Bowl champs to a fumble that wasn’t a fumble, or a coulda shoulda win to the rams. I have a hard time not feeling this team coulda been here if things went right

If we had a half way competent defense, we gave up way too many points at the end of the first half and end of games. You simply can’t go anywhere with a bottom five defense.

8 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

So either we lost to the Super Bowl champs to a fumble that wasn’t a fumble, or a coulda shoulda win to the rams. I have a hard time not feeling this team coulda been here if things went right

Which is why everyone advocating for blowing it up is out of their mind. This roster can play with any team in the league. Just need to tweak the defense and get better/more creative coaching. 

• Like 1