Kirk Cousins Thread: Keep, Cut, Trade?

gopherwrestler

30 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Like I said in previous comments, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are all involved in trade talks and I’ll take any of those three over Kirk. 

They aren't trading for Wilson. Watson will be suspended. I'd roll the dice on Carr. But, you think they'll deal Cousins and get Carr?

37 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They aren't trading for Wilson. Watson will be suspended. I'd roll the dice on Carr. But, you think they'll deal Cousins and get Carr?

Suspended for what? He hasn’t been found guilty for anything and if there was anything substantial against him, he would not be a free man right now. I also think he would’ve played last season if he wasn’t on the Texans. He just held out for the whole season because he wants to be on a new team, not because he has legal issues. I don’t think he’ll be suspended at all unless he’s found guilty. I agree that we’ll likely not get Russell Wilson but I’ve seen crazier things happen, like Favre play for the Vikings, so you never know. Then to answer your last question, I think they should certainly look to replace Cousins with Carr. For all the reasons I stated earlier. The man lead a depleted team, that plays in sin city, to the playoffs with an interim coach. He’s got my respect for sure. 

Edited by Purplepride323

15 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Didn't Stafford just win his first playoff game?  I wouldn't say that the Rams traded for a "winning" quarterback 

If you go just by wins alone, Mitch Trubisky is a "winning" QB. So is Andy Dalton.

That's why I hate that term, and prefer not to use it.

• Like 1

I really don't think we have many options with Kirk this year other then extension. Sure he will have a trade market but teams wont be ringing off the hook and we need to have a serviceable QB to take over.

We all know the QB class is weak and has shades of the Ponder draft written all over it if we forse a 1st rd pick and the free agent class is no better.

One possible option I have not seen mentioned is a Garoppolo trade with Kirk going to another team in a rare 3way trade and he could bring his OC with him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

Calling people “funny” names isn’t something that should be blown out of proportion or taken out of context. It’s a part of sports & life. It helps build character. 

just the opposite, really. it's a juvenile example of lesser communication, akin to flicking boogers on the playground at someone you're trying to demean.

this forum has always held itself above petty frays like that, and attempted a greater sense of maturity.

it doesn't mean you're required to, but as someone else mentioned, it will lessen anyone taking you seriously here.

4 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

I really don't think we have many options with Kirk this year other then extension. Sure he will have a trade market but teams wont be ringing off the hook and we need to have a serviceable QB to take over.

We all know the QB class is weak and has shades of the Ponder draft written all over it if we forse a 1st rd pick and the free agent class is no better.

One possible option I have not seen mentioned is a Garoppolo trade with Kirk going to another team in a rare 3way trade and he could bring his OC with him.

If teams really do think “it’s a weak QB prospect class “, it’ll actually increase trade compensation in a potential Cousins trade in February. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

How is it sexist if it’s not gender based, and it’s directed at one person. If anyone should feel offended it’s Kirk. Not you. Also I don’t know if you have any friends that watch football, but most people that do, aren’t too fond of Kirk and most people call him “funny” names. That’s just one of them. Calling people “funny” names isn’t something that should be blown out of proportion or taken out of context. It’s a part of sports & life. It helps build character. 

Bad takes are bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

If teams really do think “it’s a weak QB prospect class “, it’ll actually increase trade compensation in a potential Cousins trade in February. 

I really don't see to many teams that are in line for a QB change and when you factor in the cap the list is even shorter.

37 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

I really don't see to many teams that are in line for a QB change and when you factor in the cap the list is even shorter.

All that is needed is 2-3 teams to show legit interest (ex CLE, DEN, PIT, HOU), it’s not suppose to be a list with many teams.

Basically teams that:

a) think they have a roster that could win (with immediate better QB play) ~ CLE & DEN

b) think they have a roster that could win (and lost their QB) ~ PIT

c) want a culture change (and want better QB play) ~ HOU

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

just the opposite, really. it's a juvenile example of lesser communication, akin to flicking boogers on the playground at someone you're trying to demean.

this forum has always held itself above petty frays like that, and attempted a greater sense of maturity.

it doesn't mean you're required to, but as someone else mentioned, it will lessen anyone taking you seriously here.

Chill guy, it’s not that deep. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplepride323 said:

Chill guy, it’s not that deep. If I think Kirk is a wuss, I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are. If I want to call him “Skirt” Cousins because I think it’s funny, then I will. Get a sense of humor and lighten up. It’s sad to me that you take this so seriously. This is just a forum, not a fraternity. If you go to a football game and half of the people are cursing players out and calling them names, are you going to confront them all? Not everyone is going to be nice and friendly. Forcing people to think and act a certain way sounds like communism. 

Yes, collectively I would refer to them as crass, immature, and boorish.   And, I would point out that their opinion carries less weight due to their obnoxious attitude. 

In a stadium setting, I would wonder about whether their alcohol intake exceeds a reasonable level. 

Finally, I believe your suggestion that those obnoxious fans represent 50% of all in attendance is misguided by your desire to add credibility to your stance; i.e. you imply that you are in a group that represents half the population.

When we think about, some folks behavior isn't perplexing at all.

Edited by Purplexing
'you imply that you' .... added for clarity
  • Like 1