NFC Divisional GDT: (4) Rams at (2) Buccaneers

NYRaider

Who you got?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bucs
    • Rams

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's been eons though.   When you had the run game with Gurley and PA off that, McVay was feeling his oats.   He's been so damn conservative for the last 2+ seasons.  It's painful to watch, TBH.  SF has no business being in the playoffs, McVay taking the ball out of Stafford's hands at the end of the Week 18 game was just so predictable.

McVay was just as conservative back then. But he wanted to beat Mahomes and knew what he needed to do.

Believe me, I want to see McVay 2018.  I don't think he's coming back, though.  I'd love to be wrong there, it would be a massive upgrade to LAR's chances the next 2 games.

This is how McVay has always been. Overly conservative in terms of game management.

Re: Scott, I was very impressed with his coverage on Gronk today.   I wouldn't object, but much like with Ernest Jones & Noteboom/Whitworth, it's just far better to have the full roster depth.   At this point, everyone's kinda banged up, so having all hands on deck is such an advantage.  We saw what losing that OL depth did to Tampa & TB12 today.

Ernest Jones is important for SF. He's a physical presence at ILB. We need that for their running game. It'll be good to have Rapp back. He can give us valuable snaps in subpackages. I'm just saying that I'd keep starting Nick Scott.

I'm going to put that down to the Football Gods getting DEEP into their pocket to help their chosen one, Tom Brady. When you have two players like Akers and Kupp who are as sure-handed as they come fumbling the ball and Matt Gay who has a big leg kicking short of a FG & RAMSEY (of all people) getting burned for a huge play which seems like the first time in his Rams career then you have to consider there is some dark magic going on somewhere. 

Fortunately, they didn't account for John Matthew Stafford snatching souls at the death. I can only imagine the Football Gods went to the toilet or to make a drink after the tie game to get themselves ready for OT and took their eye off the ball. 

It shouldn't have been close, but it was and the game actually played out perfectly from a narrative perspective going forward. We heard all week that there is absolutely no way that Matthew Stafford could go into Tampa and win a shootout with the GOAT. He didn't need to do too much against Cardinals and he couldn't win the game for his team when needed. Obviously, hyperbole as he's put the team on his back in plenty of games and won. Not only that, but he had 40 seconds to win the game in regulation and managed it. The run game was poor, but credit to the outstanding run DEF that the Bucs have. It really is the best I've seen. 

The win is the important thing. Fingers crossed the Football Gods can give us a little bit of leeway going forward and don't punish us for dumping their favourite son out of the playoffs. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I bet he's about 1/200 in calling it exactly on air ha

He also thought Aaron Fraudgers should win MVP and that the Packers would win the Super Bowl. I said in an earlier post that the Packers scared nobody and they had a very underwhelming point differential for a #1 seed. It’s just a shame that the Bucs were so ravaged by injuries, but it’s part of the game and you have to play through it.

1 hour ago, DanMullen said:

He also thought Aaron Fraudgers should win MVP and that the Packers would win the Super Bowl. I said in an earlier post that the Packers scared nobody and they had a very underwhelming point differential for a #1 seed. It’s just a shame that the Bucs were so ravaged by injuries, but it’s part of the game and you have to play through it.

Rams were missing two starting safeties, starting ILB, starting DL, starting LT, starting WR

The Bucs were missing a WR and a RT? Anyone else? Sure I'm missing a few....but point is, the Rams were probably missing more starters than the Bucs.

18 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams were missing two starting safeties, starting ILB, starting DL, starting LT, starting WR

The Bucs were missing a WR and a RT? Anyone else? Sure I'm missing a few....but point is, the Rams were probably missing more starters than the Bucs.

The quality of those two players is drastic, though. Wirfs is an all pro and the best RT in football and Godwin is one of the best route runners and slot receivers in the game. They just didn’t have the receiver depth with AB blowing up and going crazy, but ultimately that’s on them for not anticipating stuff like that could happen. I know their starting center Jensen was also hobbled and playing through injury. The Rams were the better team and deserved to win, not trying to make excuses. Bucs should have built better depth on their team.

1 hour ago, DanMullen said:

The quality of those two players is drastic, though. Wirfs is an all pro and the best RT in football and Godwin is one of the best route runners and slot receivers in the game. They just didn’t have the receiver depth with AB blowing up and going crazy, but ultimately that’s on them for not anticipating stuff like that could happen. I know their starting center Jensen was also hobbled and playing through injury. The Rams were the better team and deserved to win, not trying to make excuses. Bucs should have built better depth on their team.

FWIW, both Wirfs and Godwin were healthy and played when we beat them down in week 4. With those two, they had 17 points until garbage time. Their CBs being out obviously made little difference too, looking at the result yesterday.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Seems like this might be it for Brady.

Ngl if this truly is the end I'm gonna shed a tear. Not bawl like a baby, but I'll definitely be pretty sad. Practically grew up watching him play since day 1 and for us in Pats Land he's a real life Superman.

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Seems like this might be it for Brady.

We can't completely rule out Brady leaving for the USFL and turning it into a professional flag football league - because if someone of his stature made it a decree that he'd only come over under that condition, they'd abide him.  I kid of course, but still... Brady can totally be Marie Antoinette here!

On 1/24/2022 at 6:10 AM, FrantikRam said:

On 1/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, FrantikRam said:

FWIW, both Wirfs and Godwin were healthy and played when we beat them down in week 4. With those two, they had 17 points until garbage time. Their CBs being out obviously made little difference too, looking at the result yesterday.

O.o congratz to the Rams but come on dude...