2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

La'el Collins is likely going to be released, another RT on the market.

I’d try trading a late pick, if they release him there’s no comp associated with it.  I think his contract is reasonable and would rather not have to vie with other teams interested in acquiring his services.

7 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Why is it so important for you, that you were the first one to pound the table for Chark?

I'm just happy we finally have a front office that recognizes talent and value.  I've seen many posters lobbying for trading multiple 1st's for Adams and paying him 25 a year, sign ARob for 20 etc.  Signing a 25 YO Chark is the best WR value on the market and Chark is a baller who hasn't reached his potential due to poor QB play.  That is exactly what you look for in FA.  

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm just happy we finally have a front office that recognizes talent and value.  I've seen many posters lobbying for trading multiple 1st's for Adams and paying him 25 a year, sign ARob for 20 etc.  Signing a 25 YO Chark is the best WR value on the market and Chark is a baller who hasn't reached his potential due to poor QB play.  That is exactly what you look for in FA.  

if he stays healthy def. Arob is best weapon on market though. honestly if you signed Arob you really don't need a WR until later in draft. 

with chark you still go get one

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

if he stays healthy def. Arob is best weapon on market though. honestly if you signed Arob you really don't need a WR until later in draft. 

with chark you still go get one

I disagree.  Chark is every bit as good as ARob but is younger and cheaper.  

I also don't understand your logic.  If we sign ARob we don't need to draft a WR but if we sign Chark we do?  

I would like us to draft a WR regardless of who we sign.  If Wilson or Williams are there at 22 I would not be opposed to taking either and turning a glaring weakness into a strength with not much money spent on the position. We currently have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.

34 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Chark had breakout season in 2019, fell off in 2020 and injured in 2021. He's a risk signing. He's been injured and inconsistent. Question is how much will he command. Rumors of Kirk looking at 15 million per. What's Chark worth in that case? 

As a deep threat to open the field on play action, it's a perfect fit. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Chark had breakout season in 2019, fell off in 2020 and injured in 2021. He's a risk signing. He's been injured and inconsistent. Question is how much will he command. Rumors of Kirk looking at 15 million per. What's Chark worth in that case? 

Fell off due to poor QB play and had a freak injury where he was rolled up on.  An injury like that does not make him an injury concern.  

I've been reading that he will command 12 to 13 per.  To me that is very good value for a WR of his caliber who is just starting his prime years. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

In terms of production they are similar.  Chark is a better fit for what we need.  I think Kirk gets more because of Chark's medical.  Freak accident or not coming off a major injury will always decrease value unless you are a QB.  Kirk getting $15 is ridiculous.  I would walk away if I had to pay more than $12 for either.  I would not be happy offering that either.  Scares me to think what Renfrow is going to get if Kirk gets $15.  I would work on a Renfrow extension before any of these guys sign.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:34 AM, agarcia34 said:

With FA starting Monday this is my wish list

JC Jackson - CB

Ted Karras - OG

Foley Fatukasi -NT

Tim Settle - DT

DJ Chark -WR

1 big splash 

2 DL players who are looking for better opportunities to get paid again in two years so looking for short deals

1 WR coming off injury who could be looking for a short deal to head back into FA to cash in

1 solid starter at OG

I would be really happy with this, TBH. Good list

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

In terms of production they are similar.  Chark is a better fit for what we need.  I think Kirk gets more because of Chark's medical.  Freak accident or not coming off a major injury will always decrease value unless you are a QB.  Kirk getting $15 is ridiculous.  I would walk away if I had to pay more than $12 for either.  I would not be happy offering that either.  Scares me to think what Renfrow is going to get if Kirk gets $15.  I would work on a Renfrow extension before any of these guys sign.

I'm all on the Chark train but anything over 10 is too much. He had a great year a few years ago, has a ton of potential and is the rare type that's a deep threat and RZ that bc of his size but he's simply not put up the consistent numbers to demand that much. Granted his QB play was pretty bad but that shouldn't factor into how much he makes on the market

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I’d try trading a late pick, if they release him there’s no comp associated with it.  I think his contract is reasonable and would rather not have to vie with other teams interested in acquiring his services.

He was hurt or suspended for the last 3 years

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Really looking forward to tomorrow it’s always a fun day to start free agency but when the Chargers sign JC Jackson it’s gonna be a terrible day 

Yeah - he seems to have been linked with them more than anyone else. 

And who can blame him? They have the money and he must look at that defense and feel pretty good about playing with all that quality…

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Fell off due to poor QB play and had a freak injury where he was rolled up on.  An injury like that does not make him an injury concern.  

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To be fair, I think practically ALL big WR signings are full of risk. Very few star type WRs get signed in FA and live up to expectations. 

I'd take the guy looking for the shorter deal in hopes of cashing in down the road myself. Guys like that tend to play with more edge. 

• Like 2