2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

31 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I remember our front office talking about the importance of “depth and competition.” Normally I take it as GM catchphrases. 

However, I’m starting to think he meant it in a more profound way. Usually when we look at holes on our roster, we will think solely about the starters. However, our roster is depleted everywhere, with us needing to sign multiple players at multiple positions and have zero depth behind those remaining.

I’m betting that their plan is to offer what they only deem as reasonable contracts in the first couple of days (I.e. budgeting) Otherwise, no big splashes and we’ll fill our complete roster (top to bottom) with players throughout tje 2nd/3rd wave of free agency. Meaning, I expect we’ll have waaaayyyy better depth than ever before when it’s all said and done, but fewer high priced FAs.

I'm all about saving money to an extent but man, our division got three times more difficult this off-season and we need to counter this in some way. We're not a bad team but we do need to get better. The draft will only help so much

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Hobbs did do well as a rookie... But the big test will be when he is outside the majority of the time...

No disagreement. I'm not suggesting he's reliable either but he does have quite a bit of potential based on his performance last season

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dessie said:

WR- MVS, Robinson, Fuller

G - Norwell, 

T - Moses, Turner, Quessenberry, Cannon

DL - Nichols, 

CB- Gilmore

Think they are all available. CB’s are looking light now, have to wonder if we are looking at a trade. 

Giant want to trade Bradsberry I believe but may be forced to cut him. Raiders may be waiting patiently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

I wonder if they’re waiting for Bradbury to be cut. I read from a Giant’s reporter that he gets a bonus tomorrow and they are just waiting, hoping someone offers a trade.

just for the purposes of Clarifying or adding additional information (and not correcting)….

Bradberry has a 2M salary guarantee that kicks in on 3/16 (per spotrac) or 3/17 (per Overthecap).  Thus, if he is on the roster that day 2.0m of his salary must be paid even if he is cut.  I’m unsure if that requires payment from the team he’s on at the time or not. 
Thus, it may not affect the situation at all…. Or it might be a deadline for him to be a Giant or cut/traded.  But I don’t believe, unless there’s a unique contract situation, that this roster guarantee actually affects anything.