NFCCG: 49ers vs. Rams The BIG One

BStanRamFan

The key is going to be Stafford and how well we tackle. I don't buy the silly narrative that the Niners are a tougher team than us but I do think they do an excellent job of putting our weak links on defense in a position to make a play. Can Reeder, Rapp, Jones, Weddle, and Scott tackle in space and play the pass? Historically they have not against SF so that's not fun to think about.

I think Stafford will play well as long as the OL isn't a complete disaster. I am really hopeful that Akers can get going on the ground, but if he cannot I'd rather judge ride and die through the passing game. That was the key against the Bucs in building the lead. We were very pass heavy to not waste downs getting into 2nd/3rd and longs. That is the strength of the team and while we need balance, last time against SF it was a lot of wasted downs to run clock. Can't risk giving up a lead by doing 3 and outs.

Also another key which imo actually isn't a joke. I think we need to win the coin toss. I don't have stats for it but I think just about every loss this year was when we lost the coin toss.

I’m pretty confident in this game and I kinda hate it. Just feel like we’re the better team and have a significant advantage at QB. Do you guys think Michel gets more play because if Akers’ struggle in the Tampa game?

and kind of off topic here, but F This Dylan Hernandez dude. Blaming St. Louis for the Rams’ ticket issues. Saying it’s a “Dump of a city.” Lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I’m pretty confident in this game and I kinda hate it. Just feel like we’re the better team and have a significant advantage at QB. Do you guys think Michel gets more play because if Akers’ struggle in the Tampa game?

and kind of off topic here, but F This Dylan Hernandez dude. Blaming St. Louis for the Rams’ ticket issues. Saying it’s a “Dump of a city.” Lol

I think it will be a heavy Akers game. He is better in the pass game and gives us variability in the running game. 

McVay has hinted all year about 2 RB sets. I don't know how it would look but if there's a time to try and work something new in to give the running game juice, this is the game for it. 

• Like 1

So Ive been on record countless of times saying Im not picking the Rams to beat the Niners until I see them do so. We have lost 6 straight times against them. The Niners have the Rams number. With all that being said, I had a dream this morning when the Niners beat the Rams again. Yes I was so frustrated. I woke up thinking the Rams are going to beat the Niners on Sunday. Some dreams you take opposite Ive learned over the many many years of existence. The first time I learned about that was when I was young I had a dream about my cousin falling out of a car and dying. I told my mom and she told me its not going to be her dying but a man. Not too long after my dream my cousin called and said the guy that was living with her with she found dead in the house. That was a big eye opener for me to know about how dreams can work. 

Anyways to get back to football lol. So after my dream I feel good about the Rams beating the Niners. This is going to be an Akers redemption game. He fumbled twice and honestly were huge. His fumbles were bigger than Kupp fumble and the bad snap from Allen. I think Akers will understand that he definitely cant fumble and that he has to be big time. Not just him but Michel. Michel has had postseason success as a rookie with the Pats. He had 100yds and the only td in the Superbowl back in 2018 when the Pats beat the Rams. I think Stafford will continue to be big time. Not saying he wont turn the ball over once but he will make the big time plays when the Rams have to make them.

The defense will continue to be about the stars with a splash of role players stepping up. In order to beat the Niners the Rams have to slow down the run. Now we know Kittle and Deebo are both banged up. Williams might not even play and Jimmy G has both a hand and shoulder injury. All of that will factor into things. Just like last season the Saints dominated the Bucs in the regular season but in the playoffs Brees was dealing with his ribs, and Thomas was just out there as a decoy bc he was still hurt and couldnt be effective. The Bucs took advantage of that and in the 2nd half came back to win. I think the Rams will do the same against a hobbled Niners team. Plus if nothing else the Rams players know to a man they had the Niners dead to rights in Week 18 and blew it. They will make sure they arent going to blow it again. So again the Rams will win and be hosting the Superbowl in Sofi. 

Edited by stl4life07

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

So Ive been on record countless of times saying Im not picking the Rams to beat the Niners until I see them do so. We have lost 6 straight times against them. The Niners have the Rams number. With all that being said, I had a dream this morning when the Niners beat the Rams again. Yes I was so frustrated. I woke up thinking the Rams are going to beat the Niners on Sunday. Some dreams you take opposite Ive learned over the many many years of existence. The first time I learned about that was when I was young I had a dream about my cousin falling out of a car and dying. I told my mom and she told me its not going to be her dying but a man. Not too long after my dream my cousin called and said the guy that was living with her with she found dead in the house. That was a big eye opener for me to know about how dreams can work. 

Anyways to get back to football lol. So after my dream I feel good about the Rams beating the Niners. This is going to be an Akers redemption game. He fumbled twice and honestly were huge. His fumbles were bigger than Kupp fumble and the bad snap from Allen. I think Akers will understand that he definitely cant fumble and that he has to be big time. Not just him but Michel. Michel has had postseason success as a rookie with the Pats. He had 100yds and the only td in the Superbowl back in 2018 when the Pats beat the Rams. I think Stafford will continue to be big time. Not saying he wont turn the ball over once but he will make the big time plays when the Rams have to make them.

The defense will continue to be about the stars with a splash of role players stepping up. In order to beat the Niners the Rams have to slow down the run. Now we know Kittle and Deebo are both banged up. Williams might not even play and Jimmy G has both a hand and shoulder injury. All of that will factor into things. Just like last season the Saints dominated the Bucs in the regular season but in the playoffs Brees was dealing with his ribs, and Thomas was just out there as a decoy bc he was still hurt and couldnt be effective. The Bucs took advantage of that and in the 2nd half came back to win. I think the Rams will do the same against a hobbled Niners team. Plus if nothing else the Rams players know to a man they had the Niners dead to rights in Week 18 and blew it. They will make sure they arent going to blow it again. So again the Rams will win and be hosting the Superbowl in Sofi. 

Those two are fine and were full participants in practice. Deebo just had a helmet bang into his knee and Kittle? I have no idea what happened when he was limping off but Shanny didn't even mention his injury and he's not on the injury report. 

• Like 1

As counterintuitive as it may sound, I think this is a game where we need the pass to set up the run—not vice versa. Seems like in the past, they’d always shut our running game down early on and force us to be one dimensional, where they’d feast on us. Week 18 we came out hot passing the ball and it kept SF on their toes. Start hot, stay aggressive, keep the foot on the gas, finish strong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

As counterintuitive as it may sound, I think this is a game where we need the pass to set up the run—not vice versa. Seems like in the past, they’d always shut our running game down early on and force us to be one dimensional, where they’d feast on us. Week 18 we came out hot passing the ball and it kept SF on their toes. Start hot, stay aggressive, keep the foot on the gas, finish strong. 

I agree to an extent. We still need to implement short quick passes to get their defense honest 

Those short quick passes become an extension of the running game which will then open things up 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Are they both officially ruled out? I didn’t see either on the injury report yesterday—which to me is more of a bad thing than good thing 

From what I've seen Jones was a 50/50 and no updated at all on SJD. I know Gaines has been balling so people dont seem to care, but having that extra body in the rotation against the niners would be huge. They wore the Dline down in the second half week 18 imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

From what I've seen Jones was a 50/50 and no updated at all on SJD. I know Gaines has been balling so people dont seem to care, but having that extra body in the rotation against the niners would be huge. They wore the Dline down in the second half week 18 imo.

Yeah as much as we all love SJD, we’ll be okay there. Jones is the one I’m more concerned about

On 1/26/2022 at 7:39 AM, LeotheLion said:

Also another key which imo actually isn't a joke. I think we need to win the coin toss. I don't have stats for it but I think just about every loss this year was when we lost the coin toss.

I think it's a statement on how this team tends to come out of the locker room from the half.  Pretty much whoever wins the start of game coin toss these days defers to the 2nd half (Thanks Belichick!), and knowing that you get the ball to start the 2nd half has a noticeable impact on how many coaches, and definitely McVay, calls the last 5-ish minutes of the 2nd quarter.

We'll never know, but it would be interesting to see how great of an impact not giving up that FG at the close of the 1st half - while also knowing the Niners were getting the ball back to start the 2nd half - had on the Week 18 game.  The snowball got started rolling and then had 15 minutes of HT to percolate.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I think it's a statement on how this team tends to come out of the locker room from the half.  Pretty much whoever wins the start of game coin toss these days defers to the 2nd half (Thanks Belichick!), and knowing that you get the ball to start the 2nd half has a noticeable impact on how many coaches, and definitely McVay, calls the last 5-ish minutes of the 2nd quarter.

We'll never know, but it would be interesting to see how great of an impact not giving up that FG at the close of the 1st half - while also knowing the Niners were getting the ball back to start the 2nd half - had on the Week 18 game.  The snowball got started rolling and then had 15 minutes of HT to percolate.

Yeah, it was in my head that 14 points is a great lead. But all it takes is a TD coming out of the half and then the is pressure on the offense to respond. And if I recall the offense went 3 and out or hardly moved the ball on that drive.

Edited by LeotheLion

On 1/26/2022 at 9:39 AM, LeotheLion said:

Rams are 10-0 when they win the coin toss. They are 4-5 when they lose the coin toss.

I could just easily say when Stafford dont turn the ball over we are 8-0. So idk if that factors into winning or losing the coin toss either. 

• Like 1