NFCCG: 49ers vs. Rams The BIG One

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

We have to take care of the Reeder problem. Dude is garbage. 

he was out of position and took bad angles all game long. 

His tackling is what bothers me the most. He got completely ran over on a Deebo run when he was in great position. Also had a few instances where he could have prevented first downs and did not.

I'm really hoping the 2 week break lets the team roll exclusively with Jones/Howard. Reeder is generally not a complete disaster unless it is LaFleur/Shanahan calling plays, he's still obviously the weak link of the defense that should never play 100% of the snaps.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

His tackling is what bothers me the most. He got completely ran over on a Deebo run when he was in great position. Also had a few instances where he could have prevented first downs and did not.

I'm really hoping the 2 week break lets the team roll exclusively with Jones/Howard. Reeder is generally not a complete disaster unless it is LaFleur/Shanahan calling plays, he's still obviously the weak link of the defense that should never play 100% of the snaps.

Travin Howard and Ernest Jones need to be the starters for sure. Howard is great in coverage, and Jones has a better skillset than Reeder.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I want a video of what AD said to the defense when he was rallying them all together as Gay was getting ready to take the kick to put us ahead.  I have a pretty good idea what he said (it pretty much does write itself), but I still want to see the thing to hear it.

AD said, "Get me my Super Bowl ring, or I'm choking all you b*tches out."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

We have to take care of the Reeder problem. Dude is garbage. 

he was out of position and took bad angles all game long. 

Jones is a clear stick on the roster.  So looking at where we were able to acquire him and knowing the same staff that did so will carry over to next year (at least within the FO), I feel at least comfortable with where we stand on being able to improve upon him moving forward.  Especially since veteran ILB's are habitually undervalued on the FA market and making it back to the Show should definitely help make us an appealing option to ring-chasers willing to sign incentive-based short-term deals to latch on to a team that's shown it can go deep in the playoffs with consistency.

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

that should never play 100% of the snaps.

He shouldn't.  But I also don't think that if Jones wasn't so fresh coming off that injury that he would have either.  Jones was pretty clearly on a snap count that they weren't willing to risk yesterday because of the severity of the game.  Two additional weeks of healing permitted, that count should, at the very least, be substantially larger than what it was last night.